Friday 21 February 2014

The Body Shop Hair Chalk Review: Falling For Blue

 
 
 
Hair Chalk | The Body Shop | £5 | Link
There has been one thing that I cannot get enough of the last few weeks or so and that has been the latest releases from The Body Shop with their brand new hair chalks. I think that these launched at the beginning of the month so they really haven't been out for long. If you've never heard of hair chalks before or are unsure what they are they are basically a temporary way of colouring your hair. When browsing one of the stores a few weeks ago my eyes were instantly drawn to the stand in the window showing off their brand new product. As soon as the sales woman saw me eye them up she quickly ushered me into a seat to give me a demonstration.

The hair chalks come in two bright shades 'Tickled Pink' or 'Falling for Blue' and instinctively I opted for the pink. The lady chatted through what she was doing as she applied the chalk to my hair, so if you felt unsure about how to apply them don't hesitate to ask for a demonstration. Although there are also some simple 3 step instructions on the packaging as well. Within a couple of minutes the ends of my blonde locks had been transformed into a bright explosion of colour - I was in love! The colour was so pigmented and bold against my blonde hair and it was unlike anything my locks had ever known. Needless to say that I hurried straight over to the till clinging excitedly on to my pot of pink hair chalk. I have since used that pink pot up, I think it got around five uses but you should probably take into consideration that my hair is quite long and you can apply as little or as much as personally desired. A pot would probably last somewhat longer on someone with shorter hair depending on how it was used. I prefer to apply it somewhat lightly so that you can still identify some of the blonde poking through underneath.

Today I was feeling a little experimental and went back in to try out the second colour option 'Falling for Blue'. Above you can see a couple of pictures showing the end result on my hair. I was really pleased with how it looked! Now I've tried both options I do think the pink is my favourite though (check my Instagram if you want to see a picture of how my hair looked pink.) But for now my ends are an exotic shade and for some reason I keep thinking of a mermaids hair when I see my blue ends - even though the little mermaid had red hair? I don't know maybe its just the blue reminding me of the sea...  I think if you're blonde like I am this colour combination works a treat and is right on trend too. Adding such an eye popping colour also seems to make my hair look blonder which I quite like too.
Overall I am completely taken with the new releases from The Body Shop, but I thought I would finish up by weighing up the Pros and Cons for you.

Pros:
- Extremely well pigmented (against my hair anyway)
- They rinse out with just one hair wash
- Add colour to your hair without damaging the condition of it
- Inexpensive way of colouring your hair
Cons:
- They can be a little messy to apply for the first time at home
- The colour pay off will not be the same for all shades of hair
 
So I think that's everything I wanted to say, I think that I've given the hair chalks a fair review. If you are interested in trying these out from your local Body Shop I would recommend trying them out first to save any disappointment.

Have you ever tried hair chalk? Would you ever add a bold colour to your hair?

Feel free to tweet me @graceyblossom or check out my pink hair on instagram @graceyblossom :) x

4 comments:

  1. These look really good, but I have darker blonde hair than you do so it might not show up as well on me!
    Love your new blog btw - I've been following your blog since you were blogging on foodplusfashion, so it's nice to see that you're hopefully back for good now!
    Great post! xxx

    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much for your comment. I do think that's the only down side to these but worth asking for a demo to find out. Oh wow that's crazy, I'm glad to be back :)
      Grace xx

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and think its amazing & I followed you on BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you will pop over to return the follow :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)