Friday 4 April 2014

MAC Painterly Paint Pot



 


Painterly Pro Longwear Paint Pot | MAC | £15 | Link

After watching copious YouTube makeup tutorials there was one thing that kept  cropping up that was a world unknown to me and that was MAC paint pots. It was only a matter of time before my curiosity got the better of me and I would find myself at the eyeshadow counter at my local department store pondering all the different options. Rewind to last month, I was researching up online reading review after review, and decided Painterly would be best for me as I am a neutral eyeshadow loving girl.
Mac paint pots as you see come in a rather luxurious 5g glass pot and the traditional Mac styled chic black lid. The packaging is everything you would expect for the price you pay. Paint pots currently retail at £15 meaning that they are not the cheapest cream eyeshadows on the market. But everything about this paint pot has me assured that for the product you get it is worth the extra pennies. As for the colour, described by Mac as 'nude beige' I find that it works brilliantly for me and I can use this in two ways either on its own on those 'no makeup makeup' kind of days or to create a smooth canvas as an eyeshadow base. Since using this as a base I have noticed that my eye makeup lasts so much longer and the shades hold their vibrancy without showing signs of wearing off. But I also have really enjoyed using this alone to correct any discolouring and make it seem like I have naturally seamless eyelids.
The formula of the product is initially creamy when you apply it with your finger but it rapidly hardens to become dry meaning that you have to work quickly. This leads me on to my one and only grumble about this, which is that I am concerned how long this will last before drying up in the pot and result in wasted product. Although I am impressed at how far the product seems to go - I've used it weeks now and barely even made a noticeable dent in the very top layer in the pot, it worries me that this could suddenly dry up. I suppose the fact that my experience with cream eyeshadows is little to none hence my uncertainty of understanding their life expectancy. I know that the only true test for this quandary will be time so I will have to update back on this!

Despite my worry that this paint pot is going to dry up on me, I have loved having this as an addition in my makeup routine. Its literally been used every single day since purchase and I am confident that it will continue to be used. Mac Painterly has honestly done a pretty amazing job at correcting discolouring and generally enhancing my eye makeup to make it last vibrantly for
longer.
Do you use cream eyeshadow? Have you tried any of Mac's Paint Pots?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)