Sunday 16 March 2014

MAC Well Dressed Blush

 

 
 
 I wasn't a huge blusher girl until recently but I have rapidly grown an unhealthy obsession with them and I can blame MAC for that. There are so many to chose from all with different finishes that you could probably find yourself swatching away at the Mac blushers for hours, or at least I could anyway. My Mac blushes have suddenly found their way to the top of my beauty item favourites which is quite a statement given my love for lipsticks. Today I'm going to be talking about Well Dressed an item that has become a perfect everyday staple for me.

Well Dressed is a powder blush with a satin finish, so I do find that it adds a nice subtle sheen to my cheeks but without being hugely noticeable. This is a very cool toned blush yet I still find that on my skin tone it adds the perfect pinch of colour to my face. I know that for some people the pigmentation of Well Dressed would be a huge disappointment, and frankly on any medium to dark skin tones I have to admit that this blush would take a hell of a lot of building up for it to become even slightly noticeable. However for me that it what I like about this blush, its not at all 'bam' in your face but it still gives me a subtle wash of colour.

This is definitely not the blush for people who want high colour pay off. I would however say that this blush is ideal for those who are perhaps beginners that are a bit intimidated by blushers or just for the fairer skinned girl, as Well Dressed is probably the easiest I've come across to apply in the sense that you couldn't really ever over-do this blush. This is so ideal for work or days when you simply want a little sheen of colour to the apples of your cheeks. Overall I know that I will get a lot of use out of this blush as this is the look I mostly aim to go for on an everyday basis, however I can see that for some Well Dressed might not be the right blush for them. I would definitely recommend trying this at a Mac counter first to see if it is right for you. I've included a swatch/comparison below, from this you see how Well Dressed purely leans pink compared to Springsheen that is a peachy pink with also some gold shimmer running through it. The swatch also reveals how cool toned this blush is.
 
Swatches taken in natural day light.


Have you tried this blush from MAC? What are some of your every day staples?

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried any MAC blushes before, how many have you got? And which ones are your favourite? This looks like a good starting-out colour! xxx

    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah they are so lovely, I've got 5 now 3 of which are mineralized which I especially like as I find them really pretty and shimmery - I love Azalea in The Afternoon from their new collection a lot but Springsheen is lovely for spring. However Well Dressed is a great every day blush IMO! Let me know if you decide to get one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/19/2014

    I only have one blush from MAC which I got recently and it's Melba. I love the color and the fact that it doesn't fade throughout the day. I will definitely try more blushes from MAC! Well Dressed is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour is so pretty! I need to try more products from MAC!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)