Monday 31 March 2014

Monthly Favourites | March 2014


Hello I hope that you're all doing well. It's already time for another favourites post. Before I begin rambling on about all the products I just wanted to remind any of you that didn't catch my last post that I'm actually away on a course training for the next fortnight. Therefore my blogging schedule will be reduced to once maybe twice a week just while I'm away. I have a few posts set to publish and then all shall resume to normal, I also plan on doing a little update once I return too. Now onto those favourites!


Benefit The Porefessional.
The first product I want to talk about as one of my March favourites is The Porefessional primer from Benefit. Now I have actually owned this for a good few months but I have only really noticed the huge difference it makes in the last few weeks. I was on the fence about this for a little while (looking back I don't think I was applying enough product) it got to the point that it this ended up at the back of my Muji drawer and forgotten about. However now its spring and those highlighters, shimmery blushes and so on are in full swing I noticed that my pores were emphasised much more when my skin underneath wasn't primed.  I dug out the Porefessional from its neglected hiding place, and let me just say it definitely wont be hibernating again any time soon! This translucent balm smooths my skin so nicely and does fill in pores pretty well therefore creating the ideal base for my makeup. I've read that you only need to use a small amount but I found far better results when I wasn't quite so stingey.


Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette.
My eyeshadow choices for the month couldn't be any different to each other. Enter Naked Basics from Urban Decay - if you caught my recent Spring beauty haul you may have noticed that this palette made its way into my life and I'm so glad that it did. I have been absolutely loving some of these matte eyeshadows  to create really neutral yet very pretty eye looks especially when Venus, on the far left is used on the inner corner. I think that the reason that I've been particularly enjoying this palette is because I've mostly been saving the shimmer for elsewhere on my face and the eye looks that this palette allow for can tone things back down and still keep things remaining very natural looking.

MAC All That Glitters Eyeshadow.
However for days that I was craving a pop of colour to my eyes I opted for what is probably one of, if not my favourite eyeshadow from Mac (it was also the first one I got too.) All That Glitters has been perfect in March for a hit of peachy shimmer on my eyes on the days that I didn't fancy those matte shades from UD. I just love this eyeshadow for so many reasons but ultimately it allows me to be very lazy, I literally spray my eyeshadow brush with some makeup setting spray as discussed in this post, sweep it in the pan and the colour transfers beautifully straight onto the eyelid and I can just leave it at that.


Real Techniques Powder Brush.
This powder brush has made such a difference to my makeup routine every morning, it is super soft and the size enables you to quickly distribute powder across your face effortlessly. I've been using
this with my bareMinerals touch up veil to set any makeup and also with my bronzer, which really quickly adds colour and life back to your face which I find so effective. I didn't really think that this was a brush that I needed, but it was only the 3 for 2 in Boots that prompted me to get it and turns out that this is oh so practical and as most RT are, its multipurpose which is another bonus.

Real Tecnhiques Retractable Lipstick Brush.
Possibly the cutest brush that you could own and a mircale worker when applying high maitenence lipsticks, or for quick touch ups throughout the day. I've already written a full review on this brush here.


MAC MSF Stereo Rose.
Stereo Rose from Mac has been my baby this month - seriously I can't sing its praises enough. Actually I think that an honourable mention goes out to all the pieces I picked up from Mac's Fantasy Of Flowers collection this month, as not one piece has left me disappointed - you can see exactly what I picked up in this post. But in particular I have loved Stereo Rose a lot in March, it gives my skin the prettiest, warm peachy glow that just seems to catch the light revealling a truly radiant finish to the face. I actually find that this lasts a good while on the skin too which is always a bonus, I'm so glad that I managed to get my hands on this limited edition skin finish.


Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream.
This CC cream from Bourjois has been everywhere on the bloggersphere in the last few weeks and I just had to see what all the fuss was about. The first few times I wore this I couldn't really get the hype which is understandable given that I've never owned any type of BB/CC cream before. However on the third or so attempt at applying this I must have got used to it a bit more and I finally learnt to love it. This gave me a medium coverage and the cream itself felt more like a liquid than what you would call a cream but otherwise it made the colouration in my skin even, and was extremely comfortable to wear.



MAC Costa Chic.
Costa Chic has been my most grabbed lipstick in March and boy was I happy to see this make an appearance in my life. I purchased this back in the autumn because I just couldn't resist its beauty, however it didn't really get much use as this just isn't the lipstick for those later months of the year. Costa Chic is the most beautiful hybrid of coral and peach with just a touch of golden shimmer due to the frost finish. This lipstick brightens up your entire face, and is just one of those that makes you feel good when you wear it. I would say that this is a great option if you're not brave enough to go for a full on orange, this is not exactly a statement lipstick yet it is still very beautiful.

What did you love in March?

1 comment:

  1. Great favourites, I love the porefessional and the CC cream looks fab! I have nominated you for the ‘Inspirational Blogger Award!’ Details are in my blog post, you deserve it lovely!

    Lauren xx

    http://keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)