Friday 28 March 2014

On My Face #2

What's On My Face: Friday Night With Friends




Happy Friday - the weekend is upon as and today I've got a quick FOTD. Seen as though I am going out for an Indian with some friends tonight (for an Elvis theme night?!) I thought a what's on my face post would be fun to show you the makeup I am going to be wearing later.

For my base I will begin by priming my face with The Porefessional by Benefit, I find that this helps prepare my skin for a face of makeup by smoothing everything out nicely. The foundation that I am going to be using is the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 100 Ivory. This was a Tanya Bur inspired purchase and I really like this product as it gives me a medium coverage and its a good colour match to my actual skin tone. I am going to be applying this with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to achieve the best possible results. This will usually provide me with enough coverage so that I don't need to go over and conceal. To set my foundation in place I use my bareMinerals Touch Up Veil.

Next I will go in and contour with my trusty Nars Laguna Bronzer, I start off with a powder brush to warm the face up and if I have time at the end I take a small contour brush for a more sculpted look. My new favourite highlighter is MAC Perfect Topping MSF which I lightly apply up my cheek bones, to my nose and cupid's bow. On my eyebrows I am using two products, to fill them in I take my Elf Brow kit and an angled brush and over the top I will brush in some Benefit Gimme Brow, which I find sets it all in place nicely.

For my eye makeup I am going to take MAC Painterly paint pot as a neutral base, I apply this all over my eyelid with my wedding ring finger. Then I am using my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette to create a bronzy eye look focusing mostly on the colours Half Baked and Chopper. I find that I can only really use this palette for more evening looks as the colours aren't what I would typical wear day to day so I try and use it whenever I am going out. For mascara I am opting for Benefit Bad Gal Lash a product that opens up the eyes by adding volume and length to the lashes.

And finally saving the best step of all  until last - lipstick to complete the look.  A favourite pink lipstick of mine that I often wear when I'm going out is MAC Girl About Town. For times like this when I am going out I like to take a fine liner brush from RT to line the lips before filling them in, doing this really creates definition and helps shape the lips perfectly.

What's on your face on a Friday evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)