Tuesday 18 March 2014

Products I've Used Up | Empties #1

 
 

 
 
Hello, I've used up some products recently so I thought, why not feature an 'Empties' styled post on my blog? These won't necessarily be every month because I don't always use up a load of products just in a month, but just whenever they seem to run out. 
 
Soap & Glory Clean On Me 500ml shower gel.
This shower gel has lasted me forever! Literally the S&G shower gels are amazing value for money and especially when they are in a 3 for 2 offer as they just seem to last and last. I like the fact that it has a pump as it means you can control exactly how much product you want resulting in less waste, plus they look pretty smart sitting on your bath tub too. This smells so fresh and the consistency is incredibly creamy - so it feels like it does two jobs in one product. I have repurchased this before and will continue to again I expect.
 
Soap & Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em Body Buff 300ml tub.
After adoring S&G Scrub Of Your Life I had high hopes for this tub of Scrub Em and Leave Em, however I was left disappointed and wishing I had tried the small travel sized version before splashing out on this 300ml pot. It smells pleasant enough however I really didn't find this very exfoliating at all, it just didn't do its job. For a start the pot is really annoying and only makes it practical for use if you're in the bath as otherwise I found that it just got water from the shower in it. I just really strugged to see that this had any impact or exfoliating benefits on my skin and so it ended up being quite pointless. I wouldn't repurchse this again, but instead just stick to S&G Scrub of Your Life from now on.
 
Lush Cream Candy Bubble Bar.
My favourite product from Lush and also the first thing that I purchased in there along with a bath bomb. This smells absolutely incredible (leaves your bathroom like a mini Lush shop for hours afterwards too) and is such a luxury addition to your bath time routine. I have repurched this and will definitely buy the cream candy bubble bar many more times again, although I am definitely going to have a nose at their Easter range next time I stop by a Lush shop.
 
L'Occitane Violet Handcream 30ml.
This was a limited edition from L'Occitane and a free sample from a magazine last winter. Aren't the freebies always best? Quite a shame that this was limited edition because it was lovely, with a very light feminine scent and the cream itself was very moisturising without being at all greasy which I quite often find with handcreams. 
 
Skin Therapy 3 in 1 Facial Wipes.
I use these ocassionally before removing my makeup properly. One thing I find practical about these is that they come with a lid meaning it keeps some of the moisutre in the wipes and stops them drying up. I find them quite useful to throw in my gym bag on nights where I finish work and head straight to a spin class when I obviously don't have time to thoroughly remove every scrap of makeup from my face. For that reason alone I would probably buy them again.
 
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical.
I don't really have a lot to say about this product, it does the job ok as it does freshen up day old hair to some extent. But there is just something about this that makes me wonder if sprinkling talcum powder in my hair would achieve the same result as all this does sometimes is make my hair have a white tinge. I don't like the smell of this version of Batiste either. If anyone has any dry shampoo recommendations for me please comment below as I think I need to branch out a bit in the dry shampoo world.
 
Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation sample.
When I was in John  Lewis a while ago I asked for a little tester sample of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation so I could try it out on myself and see if I liked it or not. I had read a lot of rave reviews on this but there are also a fair few negative ones so I wanted to actually try some on my face to help me decide if it was something I wanted.
 
The Body Shop Hair Chalk.
 No surprise here really. I used up some more of my well loved hair chalk from The Body Shop, I've done a full review on this product that you can read here. I will definitely be repurchasing, I think the pink will look so pretty come summer time too.
 
What products have you been using up?


4 comments:

  1. Super cute blog you've got here! Started following x

    I used up a bunch of stuff this month! I've been trying loads of samples and for some reason I finished them all at the same time, haha! Might do a post like this.

    Kat B | Katience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Have returned the follow x

      Delete
  2. I'm also on the lookout for a good dry shampoo, as you said I find they can leave a white tinge to the hair. I've heard good things about the newish Dove dry shampoo or the Philip Kingsley dry shampoo. If I get round to trying them I will let you know what I think. One of my have to try foundations this year is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme. :)
    Becki xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh definitely let me know! I've only ever owned high st foundations, really want to branch out. What are your favourite high end foundations ? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)