Friday 14 March 2014

Real Techniques Retractable Lip Brush Review





 
Retractable Lipstick Brush | Real Techniques | £7.99 | Link
 
In the ever popular world of makeup brushes I think that lipstick brushes are a bit of an unsung hero. Right from the beginning of my love affair with lipstick I have used a brush to help apply it, so when I heard about a RT one I was very excited to try it out. If you caught my recent beauty haul you will have seen that I picked this brush up in Boots with their 3 for 2 offer.
 
 Real Techniques just know how to get makeup brushes perfectly right, don't they? The fact that this brush is pink instantly adds to the appeal for me, visually its gorgeous and stands out from any other plain black lipstick brushes I have ever tried and plus this means you can find it in an instant in your makeup bag. Another marvellous quality of this brush is that there is no mess thanks to the clever little retractable cover that all three of the new RT brushes have been released with. The brush itself does a fantastic job in helping you apply lipstick perfectly, the tapered bristles are firm enough so that you can line your lips but also smoothly cover larger areas as well. This creates a perfect application of lipstick so quickly and once your done simply pop the lid on and your safe from any unexpected lipstick marks.
 
Obviously there are some formula's of lipstick that are very quick and easy to apply without the use of a lipstick brush for example lustre lipsticks from MAC that just glide effortlessly across your lips, however for those that are a little more high maintenance like satin or matte lipsticks, this retractable lip brush is so, so handy to create a gorgeous definition of the lips. The RT lipstick brush helps produce a smooth and defined application of lipstick to the mouth and should be a must have tool for the avid lipstick lover, in my opinion.
 
If you haven't used a lipstick brush before I definitely recommend picking up this one from RT, it will transform the way you put on lipstick by defining your lips and generally providing a neat and precise application. You can see how much I adore these brushes as I've already got two ;)
 
Will you be picking this new brush up from RT?

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to try one of these, I did notice that RT had released some new brushes but I wasn't as drawn to them as I was the previous brushes. One thing I've never actually used a brush for is application of lipstick but I'll be giving it ago since I am terrible at getting a nice neat finish lol. Great post and as usual super helpful :)
    Becki xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)