Thursday 6 March 2014

Stippling Brush Quick Trick


Just when you think a stippling brush can do no more, you discover that in fact yes it can. Stippling brushes are extremely versatile and are used in so many different ways but today I wanted to share with you a really quick trick that I picked up that was too good to keep quiet. I hadn't ever thought of using my stippling brush to highlight but this quick and easy trick creates fantastic results every time.

What you will need:
A stippling brush
 

Firstly take your stippling brush, I have one from Real Techniques but it shouldn't really matter what make of brush is used as it should all do the same.

Makeup Setting Spray


I am currently using The Body Shop Vitamin E face mist that also doubles up as an excellent makeup setting spray. I've heard that Fix Plus is good to use but again I assume most makeup setting sprays will produce a very similar result. And with this simply spray the end of your stippling brush a couple of times so that it becomes damp.

MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle (or alternative)


I took my highlighter from MAC to test this out but again you can try whatever you have at home. Swirl the brush round to make sure all the product has been evenly picked up and then apply this to the areas you are going to highlight. Remember to 'stipple' you dont want to sweep this on as you may normally as this creates a pretty intense look. By dampening your brush it makes the powder become so much more vibrant! The first time I did this the result wowed me! I suggest trying it out on your hand first so you're not too surprised by the result.

This is such a super easy way of transforming your makeup and I also thought that it might be useful for people who have been disappointed with the colour pay off in some products. I know that Becki from LashesAndBows was a bit underwhelmed by her recent Mac blush so I figured that this little tip was worth sharing with others. Especially if it means that you can get use out of a product that has otherwise left you feeling a little bla. This trick is definitely worth trying in my opinion. You can also do the same with your eyeshadows and it creates the same dynamic effect! I tried adding some swatches but my lighting was terrible and they just weren't showing up so I apologise for that.

Will you be trying this quick trick out for yourself? Let me know if you try it and what you think in the comments below ?:)

9 comments:

  1. Seems like a good trick! As I no longer apply my foundation with my stippling brush, it's become a bit useless recently. Will have to try this! xxx

    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stippling brush has been somewhat pushed aside recently too, so I'm happy to get a use from it again! Hope this was helpful :-) x

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/07/2014

    This sounds like a great trick, I'll definitely be trying it, just swapping The Body Shop's offering to MAC Fix+ :)

    Rebecca-Louise | Autumn Leaves - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly worth knowing :) I think I will have to try Fix+ when my Body Shop spray is finished x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioning me, I cannot wait to try this and possibly bring a new lease of life to the Mac blush. Another amazing post and I will be sure to let you know how I get on. :) x Becki x
    Lashes and Bows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thank you for the tweet and comment. I hope it works for you! I tried this today with my Azalea In The Afternoon on the back of my hand and it looked like a different product all together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/19/2014

    I will definitely try this! I just need the Vit E facial mist from The Body Shop. Speaking of, do you think it will be ok for oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it should be it's very lightweight! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)