Monday 3 March 2014

On My Face #1

What's On My Face: Everday Spring Edition
 
 



Hey! I hope you all had a lovely weekend, if I seemed a little quiet on the blogging front it was only due to feeling a little under the weather the past few days. But I'm back now with a quick post to kick start the week. I've decided to join in on the bandwagon with a sort of 'FOTD' type of post titled What's On My Face. Today's What's On My Face is an easy everyday look I'm going to be wearing now that its March - if you follow me on Instagram you may have seen that I have put away of all my winter lipsticks *sobs* and makeup to allow for some more brighter spring inspired looks. And this is exactly what this look is aiming for.
As this is an everyday, Spring face of the day and I don't like to wear foundation on a regular basis especially as my skin isn't too bad at the moment, I start with my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in shade 1 to conceal any blemishes and correct some of the dark bags under my eyes (from too many late nights over the weekend.) I usually apply this with my wedding ring finger or for more precision if I have time I will use my Real Techniques detailer brush. I fill in my eyebrows with my elf Eyebrow Kit nothing too extravagant just enough to neaten them up a little and make them seem a bit fuller. As I've decided on wearing quite a bright lip and shimmery cheeks I'm just going in with MAC's Painterly Paint Pot on my eyes as a very neutral base, and for my lashes using L'Oreal Volume Million mascara as I find this helps open up my eyes without being too dramatic.
To add some colour and life back into my face I take Nars Laguna Bronzer and apply this very lightly to my cheeks, temples and forehead, this isn't intended as contouring just simply bronzing up my face so it doesn't look so flat and well pale. After that I take what has to be one of the most perfect spring colours to grace your cheeks from MAC and that is their Springsheen Blush - a lovely blend of pinky coral which swept lightly over your cheeks creates the healthiest glow to your skin. Lastly I finish off by adding MAC Costa Chic Lipstick to my lips which is again a perfect colour for the Spring. I find this to be a really wearable everday spring look as it still comes across very natural and effortless.
What's on your face for Spring?

1 comment:

  1. I love that spring is finally springing! I really want to try L'Oreal million lashes mascara. Great post!

    Lauren xx

    keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)