Monday 21 April 2014

Beauty Haul | Benefit, Urban Decay, MAC + more


If you read my recent update post you may already know that I decided to quit my part time job a couple of weeks ago to begin persuing my career. This means that I will no longer be relying on a weekly wage that I have been accustomed to for the last 5 years and as a result no more beauty splurges or trips to my local Mac counter until I'm back on my feet again. With that knowledge my friend and I went on a lovely spend up last month while I was still earning and we definitely made sure it was a bloody good one! Here's what I got.


Urban Decay Naked 3.
I've wanted this palette since its release, and with all the beautiful spring rose pinky, goldy makeup looks flying around the bloggersphere in the last few weeks I finally gave in and purchased it from my local House of Fraser the stunning packaging alone is enough to make you weak in the knees. I definitely think that this is the prettiest palette from the Naked family and I don't own anything similar in terms of eyeshadows. I've pretty much worn this every chance I've got since buying it.

MAC Mineralized Blush - Dainty.
I have been lusting over this pretty pale pink mineralized blush from Mac for a while now. I love subtle pinks for every day blush but whats different about Dainty is that because its mineralized it has a little shimmer to it which makes it very pretty on the skin.



Benefit Instant Brow Pencil & High Brow.
Having only owned high street branded eye brow pencils I was excited to pick this up from Benefit. My friend and I both got our eyebrows done by the MUA as we were a little bit dubious to spend out without making sure we liked how it looked first. I had the light pencil applied with high brow penciled under the arch of my eyebrows and was definitely impressed with the results. I had some Boots points on my card which I put towards one of the pencils - isn't it a good feeling when you get to spend those points on something lovely?

Bourjois 24h Colour Edition - Petale de Glace.
This was purchased after watching a recent video from Vivianna Does Makeup. I thought that this looked so pretty on her and is really lovely for the spring being a toned down pinky cream eyeshadow . For the price its also really affordable.

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub.
I finally picked up a lip scrub from Lush which I have been meaning to do for ages! I won't go into too much detail as I actually dedicated an entire post to a Lush haul here rather than make this post really long.

 
Victoria's Secret Body Mist - Love Spell, Pure Seduction & Coconut Passion.

I was so excited when I found out my local shopping centre was opening a Victoria's Secret store this Spring. It was the first time I'd been in a Victoria's secret shop and I knew I wanted to pick up some of the highly coveted body mists. These were purchased in a special offer where you could buy 7 for £36. My friend and I decided to go in together and pay half each meaning that for three and a bit each we only spent £18, considering that one of these costs £11 I thought that was an absolute bargain. These all smell incredible I can't stop picking them up and spritzing them, I also quite like using them as a bit of a room spray in my bedroom too.
 
 I'm sad to say that it may be a little while until I get to do another collective beauty haul of this size :p What have you been buying recently?

1 comment:

  1. That blush looks like the most perfect color! I wonder if I need more MAC? :D I might have to investigate anyway :D
    peacockbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)