Saturday 19 April 2014

Life Update

Over the last few weeks I've had to take a little back step from my blog, with the promise that I would do an update as soon as I got the chance to. So today I am going to be delivering that promise and dedicating a post to talking about all the changes that have been occurring in my life in the last month or so.
Warning - text heavy post!

When I began blogging again this year I wasn't sure how much of 'me' I was willing to share through this outlet, however I also didn't want this space to be reserved strictly for beauty related purposes only. After all I think its great to have a mixture of interests, and perhaps because of the circumstances I am going to discuss below I have decided to include a wider range of non-beauty topics here in between the bulk of my usual ramblings. There have been a few quite drastic changes in the last month that are going to impact the dynamics of my life which as a result could have an effect on my blog from time to time.

Firstly, I quit my part time job of almost six years this month. This factor alone has been a huge deal for me as its been a part of my life since the tender age of sixteen. There were a lot of reasons for doing this but the main reason is that I felt that the time was appropriate to finally let go and move on to something new. I've watched many people, who have inevitably become my friends leave and I've also left behind friends too, but there comes a point when you have to do what is in the best interest for you.

Luckily I have had a goal in my mind for a while now and it was only a matter of time before I decided to give my part time job up to do what I have been wanting to do for the last god knows how many years: focus on a career. That career is exactly what I have been working towards, and for the last fortnight I have been away training to qualify as a Foot Health Practitioner. This has involved months of theory based learning and then hands on experience dealing with patients in a clinic.
 
The hard work does not stop there though as I am now faced with the task of setting my business up, but I am so excited and ready to dedicate my all into making this career successful for me. It feels like all I've done is study and to finally be out there and making a go at a career is completely liberating but also daunting too: I realise that with like all new ventures, this will take dedication, time and patience.
 
I guess that the reason I wanted to share this was for one, I hoped that this could be relatable to others who may also be at a stage in their life with an odd transitional period, of life as you knew it to life on the brink of a big change. Also I thought that it would be good for me to reflect back at this stage of my life down the line and see what I have managed to achieve.
 
So what does this mean for my blog? Well one of the reasons that I wanted to embark on this career was because it enables me to work for myself and so I have every intention of carrying on with this blog because I have enjoyed doing it so much. Blogging again has reminded me just how much I love writing - I kind of feel like myself when I'm pouring words out (in most cases just bloody well rambling on to myself and boring you in the process I would imagine!)
 
And by the way this leads me on to saying how much I appreciate anyone who takes the time to even look at my blog - thank you! I can't deny that some weeks may be a little quiter while I have these new priorities arising but you know what, everyone has those moments and so at least if things seem absent its only because of that reason and not because I'm stopping! Hopefully this update has cleared up a few things that I may have seemed a bit hush hush about in recent posts.
 
Apologies for the long post - not my usual style but this was sort of just a one off that I felt should be shared x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)