Wednesday 14 May 2014

MAC | Saigon Summer Lipstick




Hey so today I'm sharing with you my latest MAC lipstick purchase which as you have probably already guessed from the title of the post is the stunning Saigon Summer. I'm definitely a girl who likes all colours of the rainbow when it comes to my lipsticks: I love reds, oranges, pinks and purples and all that fits in between those neat little categories. I also like to embrace lipsticks that really go well with the season and oranges are literally perfect right now for spring/summer. Orange lipsticks also happen to be one of my favourites to wear, I find them really easy to pull off as I think that they suit my blonde haired blue eyed features.

There is something really fun and youthful about wearing an orange lip, and Saigon Summer defintely does not fall short of that feel good description. Saigon Summer is quite unlike the other oranges I own from MAC, its a cremesheen formula which definitely isn't my favourite however I do like the sheen this gives and the fact it applies nice and smoothly with a decent coverage. On me this lipstick appears quite frosty in the sense that the golden shimmer really shows up on my skin tone.

I think that this is a pretty unique colour as it does not lean coral toned (think Costa Chic) or red toned (Lady Danger) but it is simply just very orange. The pigmentation of Saigon Summer is not as dramatically striking as other Mac formulas however this actually makes it a very wearable every day orange. It looks stunning with a really neutral eye look as it still has the ability to make your face pop with a splash of summery colour without being too bold. Probably not a colour for everyone but I am so glad I've added this to my collection as I know I'm going to get plenty of use out of it.

Have you tried Saigon Summer by Mac? Would you wear an orange lip?
If you love Mac lippies stay tuned as I'm going to be featuring a post about my top Spring lipsticks very soon!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a gorgeous shade of orange! I've been a massive fan of orange lipsticks lately and I definitely need this in my collection x

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used to like orange lip shades until I tried Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Color in Punch Drunk. Saigon Summer needs to find its way into my collection as it's absolutely stunning!
    Great photos by the way.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)