Monday 5 May 2014

Monthly Favourites | April 2014


Hello and here we are again for another monthly favourites, writing these posts has well and truly emphasised just how quickly the months seem to fly by - I can't believe that its May! Here are a few beauty favourites that I have been loving during April.


Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette.
So late on the Naked 3 bandwagon here I know, but I had been lusting on this since I learnt about it and if you caught my recent beauty haul you may have noticed that I finally gave in to those rose golden hues. I have absolutely loved this palette and have reached for it at every opportunity. The one plus side of waiting a few months to get this is that there are now hundreds of Naked 3 looks on YouTube and various beauty blogs to really get inspired by and have a go at recreating. The amount of looks you can create from this palette are unbelievable. If you haven't got this palette yet I strongly suggest doing so! You won't regret it.


Benefit High Brow.
When I bought High Brow from Benefit I knew I was going to like it, but I didn't really imagine I would like it as much as I do. This has been another item that I have grabbed virtually every single day since purchasing it as it has an array of useful purposes. Firstly its great for creating the illusion of a more arched eye brow, you simply mimic the arch underneath your brow with this and then blend it in - I find a fluffy eyebrow brush works best. Instantly you're left with a more precise looking brow as it defines the area so well. This is also works really well on the eyelid underneath eyeshadow (particularly been doing this with my Naked 3) to produce a lighter look, plus putting this on the inner corner really brightens your eyes up too. You can also highlight your cupids bow area with this pencil.


MAC Up The Amp.
A little while ago a certain Mac lipstick called Heroine was introduced to the permanent line and the bloggersphere went crazy for it. Heroine was everywhere I looked, and while I can fully admire its beauty I somehow wasn't in a hurry to add it to my collection... just yet. It did however prompt me to go and dig out the purple lipstick from Mac that I already owned and that is Up The Amp. I've found this is actually a pretty appropriate shade for Spring: a lighter more pink purple in comparison to Heroine, its creamy on the lips yet still long wearing and I find that this is very wearable despite having a bit of an 'out there' kind of vibe to it. Plus this looks great on the fairer skin tones like mine.


Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Wash.
The body wash that has certain invigorated my morning showers this month is unquestionably Orangeasm (first impressions review here.) While this release created a lot of hype there has inevitably been some disappointment too with lots of people saying it doesn't smell 'orangey enough.' While I'll admit its not on the same level as The Body Shop's Satsuma shower gel which flat out smells of yummy oranges - Orangeasm has that zingy Soap & Glory aroma to it that you can just instantly recognise. Plus this is so creamy and moisturising you can't fully judge it until you try it out in the shower.


The Body Shop Honey & Oat Mask.
This Honey and Oat mask from The Body Shop is a recent purchase that I can't get enough of. I've been using it every other day and have been really pleased with the results. I won't say too much more - expect a full review shortly!

What were your favourites in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)