Monday 12 May 2014

Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Cream




With it being May now, and summer literally round the corner (we hope) I have well and truly been embracing the fruitier side of life. Recently my morning shower routine has left my bathroom smelling deliciously good. I spoke in my April favourites about my latest Soap & Glory product and that is their new zesty body wash Orangeasm but I was on the fence about the Orangeasm body butter so ended up giving that one a miss. This also has something to do with the fact that I'm trying to use up products that I have around the house before buying any more. This reminded me that towards the end of last summer I picked up S&G Butter Yourself.

Butter Yourself is an intense cream which applied to the body really does feel as smooth as butter. It leaves your skin looking and feeling super silky while also making  you smell mildly fruity. Despite its buttery texture this isn't exactly 'heavy' like some body butters that can have a tendency to leave your skin feeling weighed down. Its not sticky or greasy and dries on the skin fairly quickly.  I've definitely found that Orageasm and Butter Yourself really compliment each other, its nice to step out the shower after washing with Orangeasm and going on to use Butter Yourself. This is probably to do with the fact that Butter Yourself contains orange waterjuice meaning that they are a pretty good pairing.

For the price, (it currently retails for £10.50) this is well worth the pennies. You don't need to use a huge amount to cover areas of your body so the 300ml tub will last a good while. While I like this body cream my S&G favourite is still the Righteous Butter, however its good to switch things up and Butter Yourself really is great during this time of the year. I probably wouldn't want to use this in the winter months though to be honest but that's just my own preference. This leads me on to say that if you aren't into heavily fragranced body butters this probably isn't the one for you as its pretty strong and if you use a lot of it it will linger on your body for a few hours. I however enjoy it and look forward to having this as a shower addition now that the summer months are arriving!

Have you tried S&G Butter Yourself? What are your favourite body creams?

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff too, soap and glory are so good X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips from this post. Thanks for sharing for cosmetics accessories etc.

    Organic body lotion for very dry skin & Best cholesterol products

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)