Friday 30 May 2014

The 90's Kid Tag

Hands up fellow kids of the 90's! Today I thought I would do a fun tag that's a little different (I'm becoming a bit of a tag junkie...)  inspired from Lily Pebbles and Vivianna Does Makeup's video which I will link here which is The 90's Kid Tag. I am a kid of the 90's I was born in 1992 so thought I would give this tag a go and tell you some of my experiences of the 90's as a child. A couple of these answers sort of clash into late 90's early 00's but nether the less I'm giving this a whirl!

* Images used from Google.
1) Favourite Disney Film?
I was definitely a Disney lover as a child, I still like it but I'm not one of those die hard Disney fans any more. But growing up I certainly watched my fair share of Disney, so this was a bit of a toughie. I guess I will start by narrowing it down to my most watched and those were: Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast. These were easily my top 3 I would say although I watched all of my Disney films loads. If I had to pick one favourite it would probably be The Little Mermaid as Ariel is quite the unique princess with her fish tail and blazing red hair.

2) NSYNC or Backstreet Boys?
I think I must have been a bit young for the NYSNC / Backstreet Boys phase as I wasn't really into either of these. See following question.

3) Favourite music artist?
The Spice Girls were my musical obsession of the 90's. I know The Spice Girls aren't technically an artist but I couldn't really think of an artist as such. But I remember The Spice Girls being the first real music interest that I developed as a child, my parents took me to see them with my cousins at Earls Court one year. Naturally we had karaoke sing-alongs and dressed up as Spice Girls and I always liked to be Posh even though I was the blonde haired one and probably should have been Baby spice.

4) Favourite candy/sweet?
As a child I wasn't a huge sweet lover at all. Actually hard as this is to believe now but I was quite a fussy eater in my early years. However I do remember my grandma always having rolls of Smarties at her house that I liked, and they were the old styled packets that had a round tube with a coloured lid on top that had a letter on. Who else remembers those?

5) Weirdest fashion trend?
This one was a little tricky as I couldn't really remember anything that stood out too horrendously weird. When you're a child you don't exactly consider fashion (or at least I didn't) rather that it was just clothes that your parents put you in. A couple of odd things that came to mind were like neon bright jelly sandals which you actually see pop up now days, I think that they are a bit weird and then I remembered my parents buying me clogs one year!

6) Favourite game console/game?
For the most part of the 90's I was definitely a child that preferred playing with toys as apposed to games consoles - although I think I once had a Gameboy... can't remember actually. But yeah I enjoyed Barbies, Lego, Polly Pocket, riding my bike all with my next door neighbour and so on. However we did have a very robust and ugly first computer in our house and I remember one year buying The Sims which I was bloody obssessed with. I mean obssessed. No joke I would play The Sims after school and all weekend sometimes. I bloody loved that game.

7) What would you watch after school?
I had to think about this for a while as I wasn't a huge TV watcher in comparison to my peers at the time. For many, many years we had the basic channels that came with the television so like, 1,2,3 & 4. How old school does that sound in 2014? Ha. So yeah I only had a selection of BBC kids shows or ITV (hence my interest in playing with toys more than the TV I believe haha) . Some programmes I remember watching: Art Attack, The Really Wild Show, Arthur, Blue Peter...

8) Favourite book?
I didn't start becomming interested in proper reading until the late 90's at least. But my Year 4 teacher introduced me to Jacqueline Wilson and she totally got the ball rolling for me. Generally I loved Jacqueline Wilson books and read the majority of them at Primary School. I think Lizzie Zipmouth was one of the first books that got me hooked. I then also went on to read Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets after watching the first film as I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. And to this day I'm forever glad I read the books before the films to the Harry Potters as they really were something else as a child / young teen.

9) Favourite clothing store?
As I mentioned above clothing wasn't really something that held my interest much in the 90's as I was quite young for the most part of it. I know that my parents ordered a lot of my clothes from the Next catalogue if that counts as an answer haha.

10) A 90's beauty memory?
Again, toys and playing and generally embracing my childhood always came before beauty and fashion in the 90's for me ;) haha. However on saying that I do in fact have a really odd beauty related memory that I can share. If you take a closer look at the collage above in the middle you can infact spot me there. Yes that is me. And yes I do have blue lips. Thankfully you can't really see the picture too well but I remember sometimes I would rub a Smartie all over my lips to make 'smarties lipstick' kind of just goes to show how much artificial colouring must have been in them back in the day! Eww! Not a good look Grace.

I tag all of the 90's kids out there! I would love to read your answers so link me up if you decide to do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)