Saturday 10 May 2014

The Body Shop - Small Haul

 Fancy a haul post?
 
Well you're in luck as you can see I went for a little wander in my local Body Shop, and thought I'd share my purchases with you. I'm not sure about you but I definitely go through stages with The Body Shop, I used to love it in my early/mid teens when I was at that transitional period of starting to make more of an effort with myself. I was mainly interested in the body butters however as a jobless teenager I couldn't really afford their prices and mostly only ever received them as birthday gifts. I remember attending the odd Body Shop party, and buying some of the travel size shower gels as they were mostly my price range, but I ended up getting frustrated at how quickly they ran out. And so my dabbling with The Body Shop has been very intermittent.  
 
 
But then back in February I went in with my friend one time when we were shopping for the first time in probably at least a year and I was so pleasantly surprised. Firstly I love the makeovers that the shops have had. I don't know if all the stores across the country have but both of my nearest ones had changed since I had last been in them - they were so light and welcoming, with all the colours of the rainbow in pretty bottles and tubs lined up on the walls, just asking to be whiffed.I promise that this story has a point, so basically I actually ended up signing myself in for one of their loyalty cards. I won't go into the nitty gritty details but you get loads of perks - I'll leave the link here if you want to find out more. And so an email entitling me to 25% off had me hopping into my Mini to get myself to my nearest Body Shop to buy a quick few essentials.
 

I received a sample size of the Vitamin E cream cleanser which I used up a while ago. Now for me to use up a skincare product is saying something as I'm very new to the whole skincare jazz - a lot of products I've tried in the past have resulted in nasty consequences of breakouts and had me running a mile. But this was extremely gentle, inoffensive and left my skin feeling lovely and clean. Being that I'm new in the world of skincare I don't want to go crazy and buy anything expensive that I will regret so The Body Shop's offerings have been a bit of a saving grace - sorry about the pun ;) I've been using the cleanser to remove my face makeup on slightly damp skin by massaging it in slightly and because its a cream consistency it definitely leaves your skin feeling nicely moisturised.


To accompany the cleanser I decided to buy the toner in the same range which I use straight after cleansing. Now I've never even used toner before so I wasn't really sure what to expect from this product. However after using it for a few weeks now I can honestly say that I love it - especially when put with the cleanser it seems to be the perfect match. The toner is beautifully refreshing, with a light but pleasant smell which just leaves my skin feeling amazing. I have really seen the benefits of finishing up with a toner, as it often picks up some traces of makeup that I have maybe missed out which has as a result made my skin a lot clearer.


Just to relive my former Body Shop loving days I decided to pop the Grapefruit shower gel into my basket. If you caught one of my recent posts on my new Soap and Glory shower gel you may have realised that I'm having a bit of a fad with fruity scented bath products at the moment!

Have you purchased any skincare items recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)