Monday 19 May 2014

Top 5 MAC Lipsticks For Spring


Hey guys I'm excited to bring you today's post as you may already know Mac lipsticks are my biggest weakness and so I thought it would be fun to share my top five favourite go to Mac lipsticks for Spring. I understand that everyones tastes in lipstick vary considerably but I would say for the most part that as Spring rolls around there is a definite movement away from those darker shades towards the lighter and brighter colours that are just so fitting for this time of the year. These are in no particular order either they are just a handful of favourites. So without any more hesitation here are my Top 5 Mac lipsticks for spring!

L-R: Up The Amp, Chatterbox, Lovelorn, Vegas Volt, Costa Chic.
Up The Amp: described by Mac as a 'lavender violet' this is quite accurate as when you think of violet its more of a blue toned purple and I would say this lipstick leans that way. I spoke about this in my last monthly favourites. Up The Amp is a really unique lilac lipstick that I think could be worn on most skin tones. Its an amplified lipstick so its very pigmented without being at all drying on the lips.

Chatterbox: described by Mac as 'bright red pink' a fairly misleading description as I can't really see a lot of red going on and while its brighter than some lipsticks it certainly isn't an in your face kind of bright. I would say Chatterbox is a very easy to wear pretty pink lipstick when you want something a bit more vibrant than a nude. Chatterbox is a fairly popular cult Mac lippy so I would be surprised if you haven't heard about this one already. This again is an amplified formula.

Lovelorn: described by Mac as 'emotive blue pink' I would agree with this description as it is quite blue toned it makes your teeth look nice and white. You don't really hear this lipstick get mentioned much on the beauty blogging scene but it is easily one of my favourites. On the lips it is quite similar to Chatterbox although in the bullet you can see it looks a bit darker because of the lustre finish this does not transfer onto the lips. Its such a flattering feminine pink, I love wearing this.

Vegas Volt: described by Mac as 'full power coral' this again is pretty accurate. I won this from Becky's giveaway a little while ago and it is a really lovely amplified lipstick, the shade is inbetween pink and orange and its very wearable on a day to day basis. I would say again this lipstick isn't hugely popular among beauty bloggers but it is perfect for this time of year, and quite similar to the next on my list. Definitely recommend giving this a swatch next time you visit a counter.

Costa Chic: described by Mac as 'frosty light coral' and I would 100% agree with this for once ;) Costa Chic is another from Mac that I'll bet you've probably already heard about. This is like the frosty sister of Vegas Volt, very similar in their overall colour but Costa Chic has a beautiful light
 golden shimmer to it. I know that frost lipsticks tend to have a bad name for themselves but this lipstick is just so lovely, it has a really unique way of brightening the face and I just feel so springy wearing this.

 So there we have it! My Top 5 Mac Lipstick picks for Spring, I hope you enjoyed this post and I'd love to hear what some of yours would be.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! :) I'm in love with MAC lipsticks, although I only own one I hope to purchase more in the future!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)