Wednesday 25 June 2014

21 Things About 21


1.  Making new friends and discovering people in your life in unexpected places.

2. Driving my convertible with the roof down at every opportunity I had.

3. Getting a new piercing. (Tragus in both ears.)

4. Becoming obsessed with Taylor Swift.

5. Feeling like I was floating a couple of inches above the ground from the constant flurry of butterflies in my stomach during that summer.

6.  Visiting The Isle of Wight on holiday with my family.

7. Screaming my guts out at Alton Towers / Losing my theme park virginity.

 8. Purchasing my first MAC lipstick. And now look where I am... F.Y.I it was Snob if anyone was interested.

 9. Getting a new car. In October I made the bitter sweet decision to sell my convertible for a normal Mini as I knew I would need a more sensible replacement for my job this year.

 10. Moving house. Another very bitter sweet moment for me was moving house for the first time last autumn. I still find myself ocassionally thinking how strange it is that we don't live in that same robust house that will always have a place in my soppy old heart.

11. Realising that butterflies are deceiving and that they can bring you back down to the ground again.

12. Learning that being single for the first time in years, isn't as bad as you imagined it would be.

13. Going to see Taylor Swift. Best. Thing. Ever.

14. Gaining weight. Losing it again. Story of my life? But more importantly becoming stronger and fitter. Although this is something that I still work to improve on continually.

15. Quiting my part time job of over five years.

16. Qualifying as a foot health practitioner. Definitely a defining moment and something I'm so proud that I managed to achieve and I did it beside my mum too.

17. Starting my own buisness.

18. Blogging (again!) This blog was born in February and I've loved having it as a hobby once more.

19. Stumbling across the world of YouTube - I was instantly hooked.

20. Feeling excited and impatient about my future all at once.

21. Savouring saying 'I'm 21' because let's face it, you only ever get to be 21 once. And it really wasn't all that shabby.

Its time for me to say goodbye to being 21. I wonder what the next year of my life has in store for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)