Thursday 12 June 2014

MAC The Osbournes : Summer 2014 Collection


The minute I saw the promotional pictures to the Osbourne collection with the exciting packaging I knew that I would want an item for my collection which up till yesterday sat with no limited edition packaging. I did my research and settled on two items that had caught my eye the most, which happened to be one from Kelly's range and one from Sharon's. From Sharon's collection I went for the powder blush in Peaches & Cream and from Kelly's I picked up Kelly Yum-Yum. Obviously I only picked these bad boys up yesterday so this is going to be a first impressions type of post but I just had to share because I'm already so impressed with both of these items.


Annoyingly in typical Mac online style most of the products in the collection sold out pretty much straight away. I was quite miffed Tuesday evening as I thought I had lost my chance to get my hands on some of the collection but luckily I managed to grab these at my local counter yesterday, so if you still want to get some of the limited edition items I would recommend heading to your nearest store/counter.


The collection described by Mac as "The most fabulous mother-daughter duo of Sharon and Kelly Osbourne come to M·A·C with a two-part collection of statement-making hues for eyes, lips, face and nails" [Link] is definitely one of the year's more appealing ones to me. Although I thought that the packaging to the recent Alluring Aquatics collection was stunning, I was totally uninspired by the lipsticks and other bits from it so I decided to save my pennies for this collection. And boy I'm glad I did! So first things first, Sharon's blush in Peaches & Cream.


As you can see this blush boasts a vibrant red case as apposed to the standard black casing, with Sharon's signature embellished on the top next to Mac. The packaging sort of reminds me of the Riri Holiday collection that saw Riri etched across the products. I am absolutely crazy about this blush, its beautiful! I would say that the blush itself is very understated in the pan but thanks to the satin finish it transforms beautifully on to the cheeks. Its a very unusual pinky peachy colour (and you know I love my pinky peaches) that gives such a lovely radiant glow to your face. I know this is going to end up as my go-to blush throughout summer now.


The only downside I could find about this is that the price tag is a little steep. A standard Mac powder blush costs £18 whereas this one was £23, an extra £5 for just some red casing seems a bit extravagant... however I do love this blush and the limited edition packaging so I won't grumble too much.


My other piece from the Osbourne collection is the stunning Kelly Yum-Yum. Can we just take a moment here please? That lavendar packaging. Ah. I just love the transformed lilac lipstick bullet with Kelly's signature its so pretty!


As you probably know Kelly Yum-Yum is a slight variation to Mac's popular Candy Yum-Yum lipstick. Candy Yum-Yum was already on my summer Mac wishlist, and I've seen comparison swatches (link here) and honestly there really isn't much in it. KYY and its lilac bullet definitely won me over, sorry CYY. Plus I prefer Mac's satin formula (some of my favourite Mac lipsticks are satins) to matte, which was another reason why KYY was so appealing to me.


When I got home and showed my mum this lipstick her reaction was 'wow' and that is coming from a lady who also loves her bright lipsticks! I must admit this is rather a bold lipstick in the bullet that certainly isn't for the faint hearted! However this is suprisingly wearable. The application of this is stunning, its so opaque and glides on with ease which is amazing given that satin lipsticks are semi-matte.  This isn't at all drying, it sits comfortably on the lips and the lasting power is incredible.


I've included a couple of swatches below.

MAC Osbournes Collection - Kelly Yum-Yum
Mac Osbournes Collection - Peaches & Cream


All in all, I can see myself becominge obsessed with both these products over the next few months and I'm so happy I managed to get both the two items I wanted!

Did you get any of the Mac Osbourne's Summer Collection?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful packaging! definitely on the lookout tomorrow, thank you so much for sharing :) love the shades too x

    sharon @ shasummerwine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)