Saturday 7 June 2014

The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter




 
I will expect that if you're anything like me that you've been through your Body Shop 'Body Butter phase' at some point in your life... you know the one I'm on about. The phase where you stalk the colourful shelves each time you so much as pass The Body Shop, sniffing and 'mmming' at all the fruity selections on offer and hoard as many tubs of them that you can get your greedy little hands on. For me that happened to be as many of the mini tubs I could afford as a jobless teenager, I certainly remember accumulating my fair share of Body Shop body butters over the years. I've since grown out of this and moved on to hoarding lipstick, however there is still a little place in my heart for The Body Shop's body butters.
 
On saying that I haven't owned a body butter from The Body Shop for quite some years now simply as I wanted to try different things for a while. However last night I had a table at a pamper event for my own business, and just across the room from me was a Body Shop stall. At the end of the evening I naturally headed over the the stall to have a look. The lady was like one of those independent sales consultants for The Body Shop I believe and all the full size body butters were going for £5 instead of the retail price of £13! I've seen this raspberry range floating around the beauty scene quite a lot recently, and raspberries are literally one of my most favourite fruits so I'm very surprised I hadn't had a sniff of the products before last night.
 
When I opened the lid for the first time this genuinely made my mouth water when I smelled it - it smells bloody delicious, sort of like how you would imagine a thick creamy raspberry jam to smell like. The consistency is exactly what you would expect from a Body Shop body butter, very smooth and so, so moisturising - this is going to be the most perfect summer body butter. Trust me, if you like raspberries you are going to love this. Isn't it even sweeter when you manage to something for such a bargain too with over 50% off the retail price tag?
 
I'm not entirely sure but I believe that this may be one of their limited edition releases so if you like raspberries and you haven't tried it yet I would highly recommend doing so quickly! Perfect summer body butter!
 
Have you tried this body butter?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of the best smelling body butters from body shop! They do little bottles of eau de toilette which smell just as amazing in raspberry which I really want as well :) x
    counterpretty.blogspot,co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)