Sunday 29 June 2014

The First Day of Twenty Two

 
It was my birthday last week and I thought that I would share a few pics of what I got up to. I used to do posts like this all the time on my old blog as I'd take my camera everywhere with me, but somehow it feels a little weird doing it on here...  I've clearly got out of touch with it. In the name of my birthday though I decided to lug my big camera around with me and here was what I snapped.


 Like any other day, my morning started early around 6.30 which is the time that the pugs wake up and for breakfast I had toast and this super summery smoothie made from raspberries, banana and almond milk! I'm so into my smoothies at the moment!


After breakfast I opened my presents: food takes priotity over everything for me clearly. My most exciting present was easily my Nike training shoes - I mean look at them! I'm not sure of the exact name but I'll leave a link to them here. I did pick these out a few weeks ago so I knew I was getting these however it was a tough choice between these ones and an orange/turquoise pair in the same style. I haven't actually purchased proper training shoes for about four years so these were well overdue considering how often I'm down the gym. Not only are these super fun and gorgeous to look at but they're comfy and lightweight, in love.


My mum took the day off for my birthday so mid morning we headed to Whitstable harbour for a coffee and nose around. We stopped off at the cutest cafe called the Harbour Garden cafe which I'm pretty sure I've also talked about before on my old blog. I haven't actually been to this cafe for a few years now but I remember liking it a lot from everything down to the cute red and white table cloths to the open layout meaning you can have your drink and sort of watch the world go by.


Mum and I both had a bit of a chocolate craving instead of coffee so ended up ordering hot chocolate which came in the most unusual way. We were presented with these huge round cups of steaming hot milk and what looked like a square chocolate lolly which you swirled in the milk to create the hot chocolate. I'd never had hot chocolate like that before, and once I got over the initial surprise at dunking a chocolate stick into milk it was quite a fun idea. It also made for a really tasty chocolatey drink.

 
The fish market along from the cafe seemed to be quite busy with people milling around and so we wondered in to take a look. Sorry if pictures of seafood grosses you out but I happen to love it, and years ago when we went to Whitstable regularly we would always be buying nibbles from the fish market to try so it felt like old times going back in and picking something out. We got a little pot of anchovies to take home and then to some crab claws to try, and these were delicious - very delicate they didn't have that overpowering seafood taste like some things tend to have.
 

The rest of my day was taken up at home, I saw my family as some of them popped over to wish me happy birthday. We sat in the garden from late afternoon to early evening eating birthday cake made by my grandma (lemon drizzle) which is my usual birthday request, and drinking cups of tea. 


It was a pretty low key relaxed day but it was probably one of the nicest birthdays I've had for a few years now. I still got to dress up and put a nice new outfit on last night as I went out for a meal then to celebrate :) and if you're wondering where the beauty related birthday items may be... well I'm taking my birthday money up to London this week where I intend on picking up one or two (or something like that) things....
Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)