Sunday 27 July 2014

Brow Bravery: Baby Steps Towards Better Brows?

 
 
Hello, I'm here chatting brows today on the blog as everyone seems to love a good old brow discussion don't they? Last week I stepped outside my comfort zone and got something done about my eyebrows for the very first time. It wasn't until last autumn that I even begun paying them any attention at all... I know right, but don't panic as luckily for me my natural brows aren't too bad - I got away for 22 years without receiving any funny looks lets put it that way. My eyebrows are not exactly sparse but certainly not thick enough to be deemed bushy, although all those years of neglect had begun to make them a little unruly. Sure I would pick up the tweezers every now and then for the odd stray hair but I honestly had no idea how to make them look better or dare I say it good.
 
So as you can expect it got to a point very recently and I decided that I wanted to invest in a decent brow product to end my brows unruly ways once and for all. Cue Vivianna Does Makeup's Brow 101 video and I finally decided that yes, eyebrow threading is the way for me to go first of all - her brows look incredible and plus I'd heard lots of other people talk positively about their experience of threading. I definitely recommend giving the video a watch, if purely to see such an amazing brow journey. Now I wouldn't go as far as to call my experience with eyebrows a journey ... more like baby steps perhaps?
 
Anyway obviously I was too much of a baby to get it done alone so dragged persuaded my friend along with me so we could lose our eyebrow threading virginity together. Thank goodness we left the brows until the end of our shop around Bluewater on Friday - shout out to the lovely red strips along our foreheads! We went to a place called Malika which is like a mini beauty salon type thing - I did not fancy going to one of those open brow bars and being a source of entertainment to all the shoppers passing by! Right before the lady begun I had a mini panic to myself, I was wondering what I'd let myself in for or that I wouldn't like what she was about to do all the while trying to tell myself to be brave.
 
The treatment itself was pretty quick and harmless in my opinion, my friend said her eyes watered the entire time she had hers done but I thought that the feeling was more one of discomfort as apposed to feeling painful. It felt abit like taking a bit of string across your arm and tugging it against the direction of the hairs. Even through the initial redness of the skin around my eyebrows I could appreciate how effective the threading had been. For the first time I had defined eyebrows with a clear shape to them without all the untidy unruly hairs getting in the way of things.
 
I was so happy with the result and it honestly feels like I have a brand new set of brows on my face (once the redness disappeared after a few hours that is!) I will definitely be getting this done again! As for now in my baby steps towards better brows I am on the lookout for that holy grail brow product. Do I stay high street or dive straight in to high end beauty brands?
 
QOTD: Have you ever had your eyebrows threaded?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)