Monday 21 July 2014

Products I've Used Up | Empties #3

 
 



 
It was only when I was giving my bedroom a good tidy up last week that I noticed how full my bag of empties had become, and knew I would be doing another empties post before long. There is definitely something satisfying about seeing all your empty products accumulate as you know that you've been using things up and getting your full moneys worth. Here's a brief run through of my latest empties, you can catch my previous two here and here.
 
Marc Jacobs Dot 50ml.
Out of all the Marc Jacob's perfumes I would say that Dot is my least favourite, and honestly when it was released I think I was more swayed with the cute polka dot bottle more than anything else. Its just not what I would ever call one of my favourite scents, its nice but there are a lot nicer options out there. I probably wouldn't repurchase Dot again.
 
Soap & Glory Butter Yourself 300ml.
I liked this body butter especially now during the summer months, (full review here) however I'm glad that I've used this up as its not something I would have reached for at any other time of the year purely because it smells so fruity and exotic. I probably wouldn't repurchase this or at least not for a while just because I've recently stocked up on Body Shop body butters in their summer sale.
 
Soap & Glory Righteous Butter 50ml.
You can tell I've been trying to keep my skin well moisturised as here is another body butter from S&G this time a little travel sized pot of their Righteous Butter. This probably has to be my favourite body butter from S&G. I've used up so many full sized and travel sized pots of these.
 
Boots Conditioning Nail Polish Remover.
 
Batiste Dry Shampoo.
 
Urban Decay Primer Potion Sample in Sin.
This sample came with my UD Naked 3 Palette and I absolutely hated it, it was so metallic and made my eyelid look all shiny and oily.
 
The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink In Moisture Mask sample.
Sadly this was another sample that I wasn't overally impressed by. I found it way too greasy and I felt like it left my face looking a bit sweaty and just not very nice.
 
John Frieda Everlasting Blonde shampoo and conditioner.
I love John Frieda products and this combo has to be my favourite when it comes to washing my hair. It always makes my hair look freshly coloured and vibrant but I don't feel like it strips it of any goodness. Whenever I use these together my hair looks bright and healthy. I'm always repurchasing these two products.
 
The Body Shop Grapefruit Shower Gel.
This shower gel was featured in a small haul a few months ago and I really wanted to love this because it smells divine - just like summer in a bottle -however it flared my eczema up on my arms (I suffer from sensitive skin here) and I was so uncomfortable that once I figured out what had upset it I had to let my parents finish off the quater of the bottle I couldn't manage.
  
Garnier Soothing Eye Makeup Remover.
This is another product that I have been through absolutely bottles of as it has been my go-to eyemakeup remover over the years. This is really affordable and does exactly what it says on the bottle.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I agree about Dot - I bought it for the bottle and not the scent, ended up giving it to one of my friends and was completely annoyed that I'd wasted my money! Such a shame. Also, is the Garnier eye make up remover like their Micellar water? As I have the Micellar water but wanted to try the eye make up remover, but wasn't sure if they were like exactly the same?
    Great post lovely, and would love for you to check out my blog :) - danielascribbles.co.uk
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, I've been enjoying your blog for a while now :) I was definitely a sucker for the packaging and ended up wearing it as a work perfume so it didn't get wasted. The garnier makeup remover is definitely very similar to a micellar water and it's so inexpensive, I haven't tried the garnier micellar water yet I think I will when my bioderma runs out :)
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lovely blog. This batiste dry shampoo sounds great I've never tried this.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So is yours, just followed you on bloglovin :)
      Grace

      Delete
  4. I love the John Frieda shampoo and conditioner as well, I have blonde dip dye and couldnt live without them!

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)