Friday 4 July 2014

Random Favourites


Today I'm going to be doing a pretty random non-beauty favourites type post. As I've already mentioned quite a few times before I love favourites and obviously I have favourite things that aren't always beauty related and there have been quite a lot of random little bits and bobs I've been loving lately that I thought I'd share.

EssieButton.
I'm going to start off with the inspiration for this post and it was actually from EssieButton with her semi recent non-beauty favourites video. I absolutely love Estee's Youtube channels so I had to feature her as one of my favourites in this post. I find her main channel videos very informative - like in particular her brand focus videos are really useful, I usually end up jotting a few of her recommendations down, and her sense of humour is definitely on my wave length! Plus I loved #VLUNE on her second channel where she was doing regular vlogs throughout the month of June so I'll leave a link to that here but I'm pretty sure you're all already subscribers!
 

Hand Blender.
I recently invested in a hand blender as I've been really into making smoothies in the last few weeks. This isn't a fancy brand or anything it was one of the cheapest ones I could find in the supermarket - I got change from a tenner!  But I've been using this virtually every day since to blend my fruit into a nice smooth mixture ready for a smoothie and it just does the job really nicely. Plus when you're finished you haven't got to wash up one of those huge like conventional smoothie makers you just wash the detachable end with the blades so I love how its low maintenence too.

Alpro Almond Milk.
Fitting in nicely with the subject of smoothies, almond milk is something I've been umming and ahhing about trying for absolutely ages now but I finally decided to go for it. I've been loving it as an alternative to traditional cow's milk which is what we usually opt for in our house. I find that the almond milk has a subtly nutty flavour which is nice alone but particularly when used with my porridge in the mornings or in my smoothies. I'll definitely continue to purchase this again.



Paper Straws.
To drink my smoothies I've been using these adorable pink and white paper straws. The straws are a brand called Eddingtons but I've just been picking mine up from the local garden centre. Obviously these are not an essential item but I've been loving them none the less!

Heart Shaped Dish.
Another cute foodie item I've been loving recently has been this heart shaped dish, which again I picked up from the garden centre for a few pounds but I'm pretty sure Tesco and places like that sell similar things. This is perfect to use for a side of fruit with my breakfast in the morning or for light snacks in the afternoon. You could probably use it on your dressing table for displaying small jewellery or something as well if you so wanted.


Nike Pro Sportsbra.
I'm always guilty of buying way too many new gym clothes as the summer months roll around as I just think the bright releases especially from Nike are so cool. I'm especially obsessed with this Nike Pro Sportsbra as its rather eye catching and there are lots of colours you can mix this bra up with. The drifit material is also amazing for locking up sweat which ultimately leaves you much more comfortable. Unlike some sportsbras I've had over the years there is minimal bouncing and jiggling up and down with this, girls you know what I'm saying here, nobody wants that happening in the midst of a workout.

 
Aladdin Water Bottle.
 I've really been making an effort to drink water in the last few months (I aim for about 2.0L a day if I can) and this has been made a lot nicer with this Aladdin bottle. I far prefer drinking out of this than your average plastic water bottle bottle, plus this is BPA free so there aren't any harmful nasties in the material.  This is the 0.6L size, but I also have the smaller 0.35L to take out on the go with me as its more handy to travel around with a smaller one. I keep this 0.6L bottle constantly filled up with water in the fridge so I can grab cold water whenever I can, as there is nothing worse than warm water.
 
The Little Coffee Shop Of Kabul.
The book I am currently reading is this one by Deborah Rodriguez called 'The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul'. I used to be constantly reading books but in the last five or so years I really neglected the habbit, so I made a promise to myself to get back into reading regularly again, and this book has been really nice at easing me back into it. The story is really easy to follow and the variety of different characters keep it interesting. I wouldn't say that this book is a 'can't put it down' type of book but it has been nice to pick up each evening and read a couple of pages from.
 
 What non-beauty favourites have you been enjoying recently?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)