Saturday 30 August 2014

Monthly Favourites: August 2014

 
 
Today's post is going to be my August favourites, now that its the last weekend of the month and Monday brings in a brand new month and season too. I find it hard to believe that summer is almost over once again for another year. August was a bit of a funny month for me makeup wise as I didn't really purchase anything new or make any outstanding rediscoveries, and I mostly continued using all the makeup I loved in July. However I did enjoy quite a few beauty items in the month that I thought I would share in my favourites.
 

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter and Solid Lip Balm.
The standout products from the month are part of The Body Shop's brand new Argan Oil range, I only picked up the body butter and lip oil but I can't wait to explore the collection a bit more. I've written a post talking about both the products if you want to read a more in depth review on these, which you can find here. These both smell so luxurious, and more on the nutty side I would say. I absolutely love the consistency of the body butter, its so creamy and leaves my skin feeling incredible. The lip oil has also been a life saver at keeping my lips soft and smooth, I like to use this in the evenings or before bed.

Exfoliating Gloves.
Sticking to the bath and body related products, a new one for me has been these exfoliating gloves. I picked these up from Wilko for under a pound or something ridiculously inexpensive and they have worked wonders at buffing away at my skin. I begun to notice that once my tan was a couple of days old my skin was starting to look a bit patchy and uneven in all those pesky ares (ankles, knees, elbows, you get the gist of it!) So the reason I picked these up was primarily to scrub away at those patchy areas and it certainly did a good job at smoothing the area over and preventing that uneven look in all those stubborn areas. I like these gloves because they're not too coarse but they have enough oomph to do the task at hand. Definite thumbs up for preventing that awful patchiness!

 
 John Frieda Go Blonder Shampoo (and Conditioner)
I'm pretty predictable when it comes to my hair and a shampoo/conditioner duo I have been relying on for years now is John Frieda's Sheer Blonde (I usually go for the ones with pink or purple tubes.) I had used the Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner from John Frieda about four years ago and remembered enjoying it and so I decided to give it a whirl again. You might notice as I did, the strip at the top that claims to make your hair '2 shades lighter' and I'm always up for lighter hair come summer time. This shampoo/conditioner duo has definitely made my hair look so much lighter, I've even had people ask me if my hair was a different colour since using these two products together so if you're looking to make your hair a bit lighter without a trip to the hairdresser I would recommend picking these up!
 
The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel.
Another skincare product that was a life saver in August was TBS Tea Tree Blemish Gel. My skin was acting up quite a lot and I resorted to this blemish gel each time I had a nasty spot. Not only does this gel feel really soothing on those hot angry blemishes but it also seems to tackle the inflamed area of the spot. I love how affordable it is compared to other higher end spot treatments as its under £10 and often in 3 for 2 offers as well. I've written a full review here if you are interested to find out a bit more about this product. 
 
MAC Cherry Lip Pencil.
If you caught my last post all about red lips you will have seen this product from Mac pop up. Cherry lip pencil has probably been my favourite beauty product of the month and is such a great lip pencil to help achieve a gorgeous red lip, which I have been obsessed with lately. The colour is such a classy and sophisticated shade of red that I can imagine would look amazing on virtually every skin tone. This is very matte in its formula and helps your lipstick last for absolutely ages. If you're looking for a red lip pencil then this is the one for you!
 
QOTD: What were your favourites in August? Are you sad to see the summer go?


1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with exfoliating gloves too! I got mine at primark for £1 and they are just the best thing, so easy to use :)


    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)