Sunday 3 August 2014

Summer Beauty Haul


This weekend has been filled with all of my favourite things: family, friends, food and of course shopping. It had been a busy but awesome week that filled me with those feel good vibes and I was ready to see the weekend in. Saturday started bright and early with my alarm clock (aka Peggy) waking me up at precisely 5:17am, needless to say two coffees had been consumed before the 8oclock news sounded on the kitchen radio yesterday. I had arrangements to meet up with my friend Camilla who I've been in touch with for a few years now but never got round to meeting before yesterday for a little trip to Bluewater. It was really nice to finally meet up in person and get in a spot of shopping.

Naturally I felt the need to do a bit of haulin' for you on the blog today to share my purchases. One of the first shops we stopped in was Topshop where we were both drawn to the cute and colourful display of nail polishes. Neither of us had owned a Topshop nail polish before so we both decided on getting one. Originally my hands were lingering towards a pastel orange shade until I reminded myself of the drawful of orange nail varnishes sitting at home. What I am in shortage of is a green to go with a few of my holiday dresses. Venus Fly Trap was the colour I settled for in the end which is the perfect hue of greeny yellow - quite a warm shade that will hopefully look lovely on some tanned fingers in a few weeks time.

Boots was another shop in which we found ourselves and I was on a mission to pick up a brow pencil. I'd heard good things about Sleek's eyebrow pencil and the £5.99 price tag was definitely appealing to me. After swatching the tester samples I settled on Light, I'm excited to give this a try for a week or so and will hopefully pop up a review of it in the next little while if anyone's interested to see what my thoughts are on this product.

It wouldn't have been a shopping trip without a stop off at the MAC counter which was where I made my last purchase of the day with this 'out-there' eyeshadow. I've been loving my Mac shadows lately and Coppering was the latest one to win me over. I can't wait to play around with this bright beauty!

QOTD: What summer inspired purchases have you made recently?

3 comments:

  1. i love mac makeup that eye shadow looks gorgeous :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/mid-summer-round-up.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what your thoughts are on the eyebrow pencil as it looks alot like the hourglass one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coppering is on my wishlist - such a gorgeous shade!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)