Sunday 21 September 2014

Nars Dragon Girl

 
I was so pleased when my local John Lewis finally introduced a Nars counter into their beauty offerings this month, if you caught my recent haul you may already know that I was more than a little tempted my Nars' beautiful offerings. Nars Dragon girl has been one of those lip products I was hankering after for ages and ages and I finally gave in to temptation earlier on in the month. I'm a firm lover of my bolder statement lips - you'll rarely find me with nude lips - and so the velvet matte pencil in Dragon Girl from Nars was right up my street.
 
I've seen this little lovely crop up tonnes in the beauty blogging world and it was only a matter of time before it made its way to my growing lip product collection. Although chunkier than your average lip pencil Dragon Girl rings true to its 'velvet matte' texture as it is super easy to apply all over the lips to create a stunning yet effortlessly chic red pout. The matte lip products of the world can sometimes result in that nasty tugging on the lips from the drier formula however this almost has a slight creaminess to its application while still leaving a very matte finish. This cherry red lip pencil would look stunning on virtually every skintone I expect.  
 
Dragon Girl is the most wonderfully comfortable matte red lip product I own to date, it sits so smoothly on the lips that you forget its even on. Plus the wear time is incredible and even after consuming food and drink this leaves a nice stain on the lips. As with most matte products I would say to make sure your lips are prepped before applying Dragon Girl, I've spoken about how I prep my lips for a bold red look in this post here if you're interested to find out what products I use for that. I can see myself getting so much use out of this product, a staple in any red lipstick lover's collection I would say.
 
QOTD: What do you think of Nars Dragon Girl?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous color! I have been wanting to expand my NARS velvet matte lip pencil collection and this looks like a great addition to my stash! I also want Cruella!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)