Monday 8 September 2014

Products I've Used Up | Empties #4





This post has been sitting in my drafts for ages now.. oops. Better late than never, time for another empties post!

Bioderma.
Ah good old Bioderma. When I got sucked into the beauty world last winter it didn't take me long to discover the hype around micellar waters and a few weeks later naturally Grace ended up with a Bioderma in her possession. This is after all 'the' micellar water. I have to be honest it took me a little while to get used to this product, I really didn't like it as a general makeup remover but I absolutely loved it for eyemakeup as it removes it like no other I have ever tried. Initially I thought it was pretty pricey, but it lastes me absolutely ages so I think the price is worth it. I will probably buy this again but I might try the Garnier version first.

Lacura Facial Wipes.
I had these face wipes sitting around in my draw and I was using them for one thing only and it was to remove stubborn lipstick. You know when you have a lipstick that stains your lips and is quite difficult to thoroughly remove... well these are amazing for that job. I picked them up in Aldi I think, so they were super cheap. These wipes sort of remind me of the ones at MAC as they are quite moist and effective in effortlessly removing makeup. Again I wouldn't use these all over my face.

Tea Tree Oil.
Tea Tree oil is like my little secret weapon, I use this stuff for so many different things. Its amazing on spots, (although a little on the drying side sometimes) and it has a range of other uses which I wont sit here listing to you as you can find it all on google, but I definitely think everyone should have a tea tree oil sat in their bathroom cupboard.

The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter.
TBS raspberry body butter was the most perfect summer product to give my skin some moisture. It smells so delicious and I was really sad to use it all up, its on a par with my favourite body butter from TBS which is the coconut one. I love them both. I've written a full review on this product here.

Vaseline Aloe Fresh.
I liked using this Vaseline product on days where my skin felt a little irritated or sensitive as its very cooling and soothing on the skin. Otherwise its a pretty standard moisturiser.

The Body Shop Sorbet Satsuma (sample).
When the Sorbets were released from TBS I was super excited to try them as I thought the concept was quite interesting. I decided to get a sample pot when I was shopping one day and I'm glad I did because honestly I wasn't really blown away, I will definitely be sticking to the body butters I think.

Clinique Dramatically Moisturiser.
I've wanted to try Clinique skincare for ages but I'm still a bit too scared to spend out on skincare. So I thought I'd get a smaller tester first and I quite liked this product it didn't break me out... but again it wasn't anything that blew me away I mean it was nice but it didn't make me run to Boots to pick up the full size.

Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Wash.
I absolutely love this body wash. Its so summery and revitalising. I've done a full post on this product here if you want to see a more in depth review. I will definitely buy this again next year, I think I will probably return to my trusty S&G Clean On Me now we are approaching autumn.

Soap & Glory Hand Food.
This is one of my favourite hand creams, I've been through so many of these hand creams over the years. It smells pleasant, its moisturising but not at all greasy so its one of those products you can easily pop it in your bag and apply it on the go.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser.
I really liked this cream cleanser from TBS. Its quite unusual for me to use up a skincare item so this definitely shows that I got on well with it. I found it really effective as a gentle cleanser, I think its good at simply making your face feel really lovely and clean - it has a very fresh, comforting scent - and it was also effective in removing makeup too. Its also very afforable, I think its under £10 and often in 3 for 2's. I will repurchase this again in the future.

QOTD: What products have you used up recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)