Friday 12 September 2014

What's In My Carry-On Flight Bag

 
I still have over a week until my holiday but I'm that girl who packs her bags really, really early. Its better to be organised in my opinion plus it gives me plenty of time to realise if I've left anything out! Obviously as I've still got over a week left to go I will end up chucking more things in as the time passes but I thought it would be a fun post to share to get me in the holiday mood.
 
To start off I guess I should mention my bag itself, I got this in the Debenhams summer sale and its a brand called Tripp which make all kind of travel things - I also picked up the matching suitcase as well. Carry-on bags aren't particularly flash, but when you're travelling its better to think practically. This luggage bag is perfect as it comes sort of like flat-packed meaning that the bag itself is very light-weight. The handles are a perfect length but there is also a longer shoulder strap for if you get tired carrying this over your arms all the time. Inside its very spacious with an internal zip pouch and also one zip pouch on the front of the bag too.

 
So onto the contents of the bag... I won't be going anywhere without my passport. My passport holder is a Cath Kidston one from a few years back in the tiny rose print which I absolutely love its so pretty and girly. For all my airport shopping needs I'm taking a separate wallet to my normal one which has got the perfect amount of space for notes and coins so I can fit in my pounds and euros, this is from Fossil again a few years ago now. To keep myself occupied if I get bored waiting around I'm taking my headphones to listen to my music on my phone. I'm not bothering to take my old battered iPod with me as it doesn't even contain half the stuff I want to listen to these days :P
 
For the flight itself I've got a new book ready in my bag although knowing me I will probably buy a few more at the airport as well, along with some magazines too. I've got my juicecube as you never know when you might want an emergency charge of your iPhone. I also like to take what I deem a personalised 'first aid' kid with me which is basically a Cath Kidston makeup bag stuffed with necessary essentials: kwells, paracetemol, anthiestimin, immodium etc its also got in like a travel pot of sudocreme and bonjella - just medicine that you wouldn't want to be without for a week abroad basically.


I then have two more separate makeup bags that are both a bit more transparent as they contain bits that I'm definitely going to want to access at some point. The flowery clear bag is another one from Cath Kidston and the green mesh type one is from The Body Shop. A few loose items in my bag are likely to be pocket tissues, my tangle teaser and some of The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Cleansing Wipes as I hate that dirty feeling where my skin feels unclean from the air in the aeroplane and stuff.


Here's a closer look at what's inside those makeup bags then. A couple more from TBS Vitamin E range, I have a little bit left of my Vitamin E Face Mist which I thought will be perfect for an on the go spritz of freshness. And I've also got the Vitamin E lip balm this will be ideal for travel as it contains SPF 15. I don't go out the house without a hand sanitiser so I definitely wouldn't leave the country without taking one, this is from Bath & Body Works and I'm not sure what its called (Orange Swirl?) but its quite citrusy and nice for holiday.

Our flight is thankfully a pretty short one but I still wanted to take a few skincare items with me in case I think my skin needs some TLC. The night before we fly I'm going to a wedding and then catching our flight at 6am the next day so I imagine that my skins going to be looking pretty tired therefore I want to keep it feeling as fresh as possible. I'm packing my Origins Drink Up-Intensive Over Night Mask which is amazing (review to come!) I have this in the handy 50ml size so its good for travelling with. If I don't think I need something as intense as the over night mask I've got a little sample pot of TBS Vitamin E Night Cream, which will still be good to have to hydrate my skin. For some more on flight pampering I'm taking my L'occitane Hand cream which is almost empty so I thought I could use it all up while away and I'm also taking a Lush Charity Pot.

 
For makeup I'm keeping my options very simple -  I don't think I can fathom the idea of putting makeup on so early in the morning. If I do decide to make myself semi decent I'm packing a Nars Tinted Moisturiser sample for a super simple base - I'll either apply this with my fingers or the Real Techniques Mini Face Brush which is such a handy little addition to your makeup bag. Again for super simple brows I'm trusting my Benefit Gimme Brow - this is great as you swipe it on and it neatens your brows up and makes them look fuller. I'm leaving my lips quite neutral with MAC's Lovelorn, which I think is the perfect lipstick to wear when travelling as its quite moisturising and just ever so comfortable on the lips. And even though I'm sure I will be sniffing lots of new scents at the airport my inner perfume junkie couldn't resist popping in my travel sized Jo Malone
 
And thats everything so far, I hope you enjoyed a nosey inside my carry on flight bag!
 
QOTD: What travel essentials do you take with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)