Wednesday 8 October 2014

MAC | Twig Lipstick


Lipsticks like Twig from Mac are super popular amongst the beauty loving world at the moment - and no doubt we have the whole 'Kylie Jenner inspired look' to thank for that. I've mentioned before that I struggle big time to pull off traditional nude lipsticks (think Cremecup / Angel)  they completely wash me out and look really unflattering against my skintone. Twig however has the perfect blend of pink and brown and is much more of a warmer colour that I think suits me. If you're not really one for typical autumnal berry shades, this dusky pink coloured lipstick could be your alternative during the cooler months.

I wore this lipstick for the first time over the weekend after picking it up from my duty free shop and I loved it even more than I expected to. I went for a really understated no-makeup type of look that was perfect for a lazy Sunday in the countryside. I used All That Glitters from MAC for eyes as although its quite a neutral shade the shimmer keeps the look slightly fresh and then for a final autumnal feel I popped on some of my Nars blusher in Sin which I'm in love with at the moment. I can see this being a go-to look over the next few months.
 
QOTD: What do you think of this lipstick? Is this something you would wear?
 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I've never looked at this shade before but it's lovely, they seriously have so many gorgeous colours :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)