Monday 13 October 2014

Manicure Monday: Revlon Up The Ante


Today's manicure monday post brings this beautiful nail polish from Revlon that I am besotted with. If you're a fellow Essiebutton follower you may have already spotted this little lovely pop up - I first noticed this in one of her recent Vlogtober vlogs so if you want to see it in action head over to her vlog channel! I think the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy line may very well be new to the UK as my local Boots or Superdrug didn't stock these in the shops (I ordered mine online from Boots.)

This is the shade 410 Up The Ante and it is the loveliest plum / purple shade thats rather bold and eyecatching, pictures don't do this any justice. Having never owned a Revlon nail polish before I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm more than pleasantly surprised with this nail varnish. The formula is great - pretty chip-proof as far as I can tell, apparently it has a built in base coat so two coats is all you need for an opaque coverage however I did use my Sally Hansen Double Duty as a top coat to finish the manicure. The brush size is worth a mention too, its got a long brush handle so you can get a really precise and neat application easily. I can't wait to try more from this line.

QOTD: What do you think of Up The Ante? Have you tried any of the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy line?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I really love this colour! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)