Friday 17 October 2014

Oldies But Goodies


There's nothing like finding new makeup discoveries but there's also something really satisfying about rediscovering or relishing in old loves.You know the sorts of products that you're forever repurchasing or you've had lying around in your collection for ages - sometimes we don't celebrate them enough so here's a post in their honour.

In the last few weeks I've been using my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation for the first time in ages. I think this foundation is great for everyday wear on days when my skin needs a bit more coverage than say a tinted moisturiser gives. The Collection Lasting Perfection Concelear is something that I'm always repurchasing - I recently had to get another one to replace the last. Its just so good for covering blemishes or dark circles around the eyes and is such an essential product in my daily makeup routine.

If you caught my most recent review you may already know that I'm not that happy with my current brow product from Hourglass, so when I was digging through my makeup draw the other day and spotted my Elf Eyebrow Kit that I've had for absolutely ages I thought I'd give it another go. It made a nice change to pick up an angled brush and apply powder through my brows instead of a pencil. Another oldie but goodie is my trusty MAC All That Glitters, this was my first shadow from Mac and I literally use this all the time, I'm surprised it hasn't hit pan yet! This is the perfect everyday shade: its a champagne gold colour with a hit of shimmer that makes the eyes pop, it works well on its own or with virtually any other colour I've put it with.

Vaseline Rosy Lips. Ah Vaseline tins, these must be the ultimate oldie - surely everyone reverts back to a trusty tin of Vaseline from time to time especially in the colder months when our lips need that extra bit of TLC. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter will always be one of my top body butters, extremely moisturising with a delicious scent that works for whatever time of year it is - you can be sure that there will always be a Righteous Butter hiding about in my house. Lastly what used to be my favourite perfume and will always hold a soft spot in my heart is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. Flowery, girly yet rich and sexy at the same time - a lovely scent for this time of year that I've been enjoying of late.
 
QOTD: What oldies but goodies do you love?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)