Tuesday 11 November 2014

Fragrance Focus: YSL Black Opium

 

The perfume hoarder in me strikes again. I'd heard a lot about this new release from Yves Saint Laurent and of course I had to take a whiff of it for myself to see what it was all about. I wasn't expecting that Black Opium would be for me, since I knew that the classic Opium from YSL was something that's popular amongst the likes of my mum's generation. However Black Opium has been revamped and comes in a stunning black glittery bottle that sings out that the festive season is approaching - I can imagine that this will be on many a Christmas wish list this December.
 
The scent of Black Opium is one that I can only describe as sexy and a little bit out there it definitely has an edgy feel to it that fits in well to the idea of 'black' in its name - the perfume has a slightly dark and mysterious vibe to it. Although Black Opium is quite a bold dare to wear scent, don't be fooled into thinking that its not for you because it has just the right amount of sweetness, with a hit of floral and also a spiciness to it which combined together makes for a very alluring signature. The warmth and spiciness of Black Opium make this an ideal fragrance for the fall months, as I think you can better appreciate the rich, powerful notes to it. This is exceptionally beautiful once its heated on the skin for a few hours too and adds to that enticing, mysterious nature of the perfume. 
 
The wear time is exceptionally good because of how strong the scent is - its one of those perfumes that will sink in gracefully to your clothes or hair and lingers for hours. However if you're anything like me and always feel that a freshen up is necessary The Perfume Shop are currently selling this as part of a gift set with a 10ml handbag size edition which I think is absolute genius! For the same price as the 30ml bottle [£43.50] you can get an extra 10ml worth of perfume and it comes in a stunning gold gift box. I think that this would make an ideal gift for someone or a festive treat to yourself to wear to all those upcoming festive celebrations.
 
QOTD: Have you tried YSL Black Opium?


1 comment:

  1. Ooh i haven't tried this before but I've heard really great things! Your review is spot on, love the way you've written this! And the packaging is amaaazing! Super super festive :-)
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)