Wednesday 5 November 2014

MAC | Cyber Lipstick


Mac Cyber aka the scariest lipstick I own to date. I don't think I would have even picked Cyber up to swatch if it hadn't of been for Shanxo's fall tutorial which featured this lipstick where it looks surprisngly wearable. In its bullet form you can see Cyber practically looks black however on the lips its more of a deep purple shade that really has that vampy feel to it. There is no hiding the fact that this lipstick is daunting and you really could go wrong with it, however if you're careful and keep the rest of your makeup quite minimal there is no reason why Cyber can't be a wearable bold lipstick.

It hasn't had its debut out the house yet but I've had a good play around with Cyber to see how I can wear it best. I definitely think that the look should primarily focus on the statement lips so a very neutral eye - you can probably get away with a bit of liner if you wanted if it isn't too dramatic. A flawless while healthy looking base is a must for this bold look - you don't want to look too washed out or 'gothic' for want of a better word. It isn't a lipstick I would wear during the daytime however it is a fun going out lipstick if you're brave enough to go for a vampy look. Cyber has me really excited for  Bonfire night this weekend - I think it would really dress up a jumper and tartan scarf on those chilly nights where you want to make a bit of an effort but know you need to chose clothes to keep you warm!
 
 QOTD: What do you think of Cyber? Would you ever wear a lipstick like this?

5 comments:

  1. I love how dark this colour is, so vampy :) I'd definitely like to try something like it!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was daring enough to wear something like this but it looks like it would be a lovely dark shade for autumn!
    Becky xx
    www.beckyblossom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally wear this! If you asked me last year probably not though!

    The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting this lipstick for so long now! I absolutely love wearing dark vampy lipsticks, especially at this time of year. Definitely need to buy this ASAP! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)