Sunday 21 December 2014

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick | Envious




Tis the season for red lipstick! Although you probably know that I love supporting a red lip all year round but what better time than on the week of Christmas? If you caught my recent festive lipstick post earlier this month you may have already seen this Estee Lauder lovely pop up and I realised that I hadn't done a full write up on this gorgeous lipstick. I purchased this back in September on my holiday and it quickly made its way into my stash of elite favourites.

This is the first lipstick I own from Estee Lauder and its safe to say that this ticks all of the boxes for me. Firstly the packaging is so sleek and subtly sophisticated with its navy and gold duo, not to forget the satisfying 'click' of the magnetic lid when you close it away. The formula of this lipstick is so dreamy and exactly what I look for in a lipstick - its creamy and comfortable on the lips, very pigmented and I'd say its fairly long wearing especially if you use a lip pencil with it (FYI Mac Cherry is a lovely one to use with this.) Although this has a soft texture that is very moisturising and kind to the lips it isn't one of those colours that slides off in an instant - never desirable with a bright red.

The colour is a stunning shade of scarlet red that completely fulfills that classic red lip look. As this isn't a matte shade it has a slight sheen that is very beautiful as it effortlessly adds a bit of fullness to the lips. If you want to see this swatched check out this post. For a lipstick of this quality that ticks so many boxes, it does come at a small price however I would say that for any red lipstick lover this should definitely be in your collection as it is worth every penny. This is a gorgeous lipstick to wear for daytime or will equally glam up any evening makeup look, and I definitely think that this is going to be my Christmas day lipstick choice for 2014!


QOTD: Will you be supporting a red lip this Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pure colour range - the lipsticks are so pigmented! This colour looks gorgeous

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)