Friday 19 December 2014

Winter Break In The Forest













This morning I returned home from a short midweek break with some of my family. We stayed in a big log cabin that sleeps up to eleven people so as you can imagine it was nice and cosy. For England, this December has been exceptionally mild so we were lucky to enjoy some warmer temperatures for our stay in the forest. It was dry all the week and the sun even made a few appearances while we were there. I've never been on one of these forest break type holidays before but I knew that I would enjoy it a lot. It was lovely waking up each day in the midst of all the trees and nature - the peace and quiet was unbeatable. It was so nice to relax and not have to do very much but enjoy ourselves, we explored the woods getting some well deserved fresh country air, ate yummy food, sat in front of the fire one evening in Christmas jumpers, built dens (I watched!) and there was also a hot tub to relax in, which one little family member particularly loved! I'm now feeling nicely refreshed and thankful to have had the chance to go along with my family and enjoy a special winter's break.


QOTD: Have you ever done a forest break?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)