Thursday 15 January 2015

A New Perspective

This blog post has been on my mind for a little while now, and given that we are in a brand new year what better time to finally put my thoughts into action and write it down in a post. See I'm trying this new approach to things from now and it will as a result have an impact on my blog, hopefully I see it as quite a positive change. My blog here is almost a year old and it has been a space for me to ramble on about makeup and related subjects which for the most part I have enjoyed a lot - it was a good outlet for me. However I want my blog to be something else now, other than just another beauty blog.


 Now I'm not saying I'm never going to talk about makeup ever again on here because I am, its still a keen interest of mine, however I need to take a back step from all the makeup and all the beauty blogs and YouTube for a bit. I have a few reasons for needing this change of perspective. I used to blog years ago just for the pleasure of writing and documenting my life, and I'm at a stage now where so much is going on I think it would be good to go back to those old ways.

If you follow me on instagram you may have seen a recent picture I posted declaring that I need to 'buy less shit' this year, and really this couldn't be  a truer statement. By this I don't mean that I think what I buy is shit - I (mostly) buy lovely quality products and 50% of the time they are well researched and thought out purchases while the rest of the time I buy on impulse for the sheer thrill of it. I just want to try and be a little more savvy about my spending and control the never ending wanting and not let it control me. I also hope that in doing this I can just try and enjoy and use what I already have more - which is plenty to keep me going for now!

I know that if I'm totally honest, this time last year I wasn't in the best place with myself. I was unhappy in a retail job, on the brink of breaking away but just waiting for the right time. I was lonely and hung up on someone. Basically I was lost and didn't really know my place. In the end I was going out and buying nice things on a binge to make myself feel better - and while it sort of worked for a bit, it totally spiraled out of control and I was ignoring what the real issues were.

Fast forward to January 2015 current day Grace and I feel like my head is screwed on a little tighter now. Hopefully I've got most of that crap stuff out of my system and I'm ready to look forward to the bigger picture. I'm more driven than ever to continue growing my business, although a lot of that is out of my hands and will probably just come in time. I have quite a few long term goals and I'm driven to one day be able to achieve all of those.

So instead of every single post being about the newest lipstick or the newest nail polish, I'm going to be throwing in a lot more personal posts that come from the heart and speak honestly about the things that are going on in my life. Sure not everyone wants to hear about that and if I lose a few readers then so be it but I'm not afraid of change and I'm excited to see where this new perspective on my blog takes me.



1 comment:

  1. It's always interesting to see a change on a blog, and I'm excited to read the future posts you've got coming - both beauty and lifestyle!
    Olivia x
    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)