Saturday 28 February 2015

25 Before 25: [Number 15] Get Another Piercing


So I thought it was time to throw in a bit more of a lifestyle type post as I promised I would be doing more of those on my blog this year. And I thought an interesting topic to get the ball rolling would be to share some of my 25 Before 25 bucket list goals/achievements on my blog. My 25 Before 25 list is something I think I've briefly mentioned before on my blog, basically at the start of last year I decided instead of boring old New Years Resolutions I would do a bucket list of 25 things to do before I'm 25. I'm twenty three this year just in case you didn't know, so I've got a couple of years to go to get the list under my belt!

As you can probably tell from the title, number 15 on the list was 'get another piercing.' Now when I wrote this list a year ago I was imagining with that it would be something along the lines of another ear piercing as I'm not really very adventurous when it comes to piercings/tattoos. However as last year progressed I began toying with the idea of a nose piercing. I love the way that nose piercings can look on some people as it adds a little edge without being too obnoxious, but I was a bit scared it wouldn't suit me.

I ummed and ahhed for a good few months, until then finally in December last year I decided that yes I was going to get my nose pierced. I waited until after Christmas and the New Year was over as I thought it would give me something to look forward to in January as not a lot of excitement usually occurs around then does it? So as usual I asked my Dad to come along with me - sometimes I get a bit faint when I get pierced so didn't want to be on my own. Surprisingly though I didn't feel faint at all, it was over in a flash and I was expecting it to hurt a bit more than it did. Not even an 'ouch' was uttered.

I was really pleased with the position of the piercing and relieved that it looked okay but in my mind I had my heart set on quite a small, discreet piece of jewellery and the original stud that I had it pierced with was not small nor discreet. So when the six week healing period was up I was more than eager to get it changed and now I've got a tiny little stud in I'm very pleased with how its turned out! I can now add nose to my small list of piercings (ears, tragus x 2 and belly) and tick that little goal off my bucket list. I'm not going to rule out another possible ear piercing one day in the future though...

QOTD: Have you ever made / completed a bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)