Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Butter Vs Hemp Hand Protector



During the winter I discovered my holy grail hand cream from The Body Shop and that is their Hemp Hand Protector and I've already written a full review of that which you can find here. If you caught my recent haul post you will have seen that I picked up the Intensive Hand Butter from the same range as I love the original so much and wanted to see how the butter lived up to my favourite hand cream. In this post I am going to do a comparison of the two products as although they are from the same Hemp range they do offer slightly different qualities.

So I'll start off with what you really ought to know about about the differences in these products - the consistency (see the picture below for a visual comparison too.) As you would expect the Intensive Hand Butter does have that nice buttery soft texture that sinks effortlessly in to the hands hydrating the skin, it leaves quite a soothing effect and is a miracle worker even to tough dry patches. The Hand Protector actually has a thicker texture in comparison to the butter,and it inevitably does not sink in quite as easily but I would say for that reason it feels a bit more nourishing to the skin. The hand protector really leaves the skin super soft whereas I'd say that the effect of the butter is more to smooth the skin.

TBS Hemp Hand Butter versus Hemp Hand Protector
A couple of similarities in the two products would notably be the smell with both giving off that identical medically, clean aroma: although I would say that the hand cream protector is slightly stronger and leaves the smell lingering for longer than the butter does. They are also very similar in the way that neither is at all greasy, which for me makes or breaks a hand lotion - I hate that sticky 'just put cream on my hands' feeling you often get with some brands but both the butter and the protector sink nicely into the hands.

Now aside from the actual products differing there are the more obvious differences such as the packaging. The hand butter comes in a 100ml pot similar to TBS's original body butters and I really like this as you don't often get a hand cream in this sort of tub type packaging. Then from the picture you can see that the hand protector comes as most hand creams do in a squeezy tube and screw on lid, however I really think that the packaging of this is the products one downfall - it looks absolutely battered! I wish The Body Shop would get some smarter packaging for the hand protector in the future.

The question is, do you need both? 
Honestly no. Unless you love trying new hand cream related products out like I do, but you don't really need to own both these. In my opinion the Hemp Hand Protector is hands down still the best - sorry for the pun. But I'd say that it wins in terms of value for money £5 for 100ml of it compared to £12 for 100ml of the butter and it also wins on performance it just makes your hands feel so soft and healthy whereas the butter just leaves them feeling quite smooth. Both nice but if you're unsure what to go for I'd have to say get the tube of Hand Protector.

QOTD: Have you tried any of the Hemp range from TBS?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried anything from Body Shop's Hemp range, although my Dad swears by the hand cream too! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)