Tuesday 14 April 2015

Clinique Dramatically Different Review


Today I thought it was time to finally review my holy grail daily moisturizer on the old blog! I tend to always take skincare related posts or Youtube videos with a pinch of salt because at the end of the day everyone's skin is so different and what works for one person may not for another. However despite that fact everyone just seems to love a bit of a skincare post don't they? And so here I am telling you about my favourite daily moisturizer the famous yellow cream from Clinique: their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. This seems to be a bit of a Marmite product in the beauty world - but I belong to the team that sings its praises!

Its taken me a long while to find a skincare product that actually works for me, I've tried my fair share of facial moisturizers that just haven't worked for me. Origins GinZing - loved everything about it apart from the small fact that it broke me out in hot unpleasant spots, similarly I had the same sort of results with the Clarins Daily Energizer  to name just a few of the top of my head. Looking back I think either my skin doesn't like those more gel like formulas or it was the fact that a lot of what I'd tried were quite highly scented? Fragranced skincare is supposedly a huge factor in contributing to these breakouts.

As I've mentioned many times now I've had a lot of issues with hormonal breakouts anyway in the last few months so I really wanted to find a facial moisturizer that would just agree with me and do its job at giving my skin some much needed hydration. I don't have oily skin, and its not dry either but in areas it just needs a bit more moisture especially around my nose.

And so onto how I find this moisturizer from Clinique - keep in mind I never tried the 'original formula' either because apparently this had a revolutionary change in the last few years and a lot of people who used to enjoy it didn't like those changes. But as I say I don't have any comparison to the original.


This yellow looking cream isn't particularly fancy by any means. When you pump out the cream it does in fact turn out to be the same yellow looking colour it is in the bottle, however as soon as it is massaged into the skin it becomes transparent. Another thing that you notice straight away is that it is unfragranced, for me this is not an issue but I know for some it would be as many tend to enjoy a moisturizer that comes with a scent.

Dramatically Different + is very light in texture and sinks in to your skin easily meaning its perfect for every day use, it absorbs very quickly and is a great base ahead of makeup. I don't ever find this sticky or greasy feeling. For me one pump is enough to cover my entire face but I usually use another small pump as well to allow for my neck area. I use this day and night because as I've mentioned this is the only moisturizer that I've tried that does not give me nasty breakouts.

Supposedly this cream is meant to strengthen your skins moisture barrier meaning that overtime the lotion becomes more effective and I would say that since using this my skin seems to accept the hydration of a moisturizer better. Obviously aside from the odd hormonal breakout my skin is generally very smooth feeling and it is definitely a result of using this.

I've been using this now since December when I first picked up my first Clinique skincare bits - I got a small 50ml bottle to start with to check my skin agreed with it and have since gone on to purchase the full size 125ml. I'm really happy with the results its never broken me out and my skin is smooth and hydrated. I think that this will definitely always be a moisturizer that I can safely rely on to give me exactly what I need without any fuss. As you can see I've used a fair amount up but I literally use it religiously twice a day and I think that this should easily see me straight through to the summer months, although I will have to remember that this doesn't contain SPF...

QOTD: Have you ever used Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)