Sunday 12 April 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette


Towards the end of last year Hourglass released its limited edition three shade blush palette and it was safe to admit that the beauty loving world swooned at its loveliness. At the time of its release around Christmas I knew that a hefty £50 splurge on a blusher palette was the last thing I needed however much I coveted after this gorgeous temptation from Hourglass. Now I know that I might be a bit of a tease in writing this post as generally speaking it is now unavailable to buy because it was limited edition. However my local counter at a John Lewis department store miraculously had a few left over.

Last month when I saw that they still had some of the limited edition stock left I was extremely tempted but walked away and told myself if it was still there the next time I happen to go past I would get it. When I went back earlier this week, a palette still remained. And so I could resist the temptation no longer. The moral of this story is that if you didn't get your hands on this palette at the time and you are still after it, it may be worth a scope around your nearest counters! You never know.

This is undoubtedly the most beautiful item of makeup that I own to date, visually everything from the packaging to the three shades of deliciously pigmented powders are just a dream to look at. What I like about the palette is that each of the three shades, Luminous Flash, Incandescent Electra and Mood Exposure offer something slightly different meaning I will probably never need to buy another blusher again! Luminous Flash is a gorgeous rosy pink, while Incandescent Elecrta has a peachy tone to it and Mood Exposure is more on the plum side of things also meaning that this palette will see you perfectly through all the seasons.

Not a cheap investment to say the least, however to buy the blushers individually these cost £28 and although you get less product as the trio it does works out cheaper per blusher plus they are all in one convenient palette. I do believe that Incandescent Elecrta is limited only to this palette, so you can't buy that on its own - this also happens to be my favourite in the palette as I do love me a peachy hued blush. Needless to say all three look stunning when applied, they create a gorgeous natural glow that catches the light making them really illuminating without making you look overdone. I am besotted with this beautiful palette, it was well worth my patient waiting to get my hands on it!

QOTD: Did you manage to get hold of the Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette?

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo gorgeous! I wanted to pick this up, but just couldn't justify the price tag. Glad it was worth it for you! xx

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly the most gorgeous blush palette I've ever seen! x
    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I don't own this I think it is the most gorgeous palette! I have been so tempted on many occasions to treat myself to it. I think it is well worth the price tag - it would last such a long time & I have only heard positive reviews of it
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)