Monday 6 April 2015

Manicure Monday SNS Nails Review


For almost as long as I can remember I've loved having my nails painted, I think nails can really add that finishing touch to your look - they can also have an effect in transforming your look say from girly to something a little edgier. Nails definitely can make a statement, and I love that about them. However, as I've mentioned before in my manicure Monday posts, my nails are seriously easy to chip - if I can get a few days chip free with a polish I'm doing good. I'm not sure what it is but I'm so prone to chip nails and it drives me mad. Nothing looks tackier than a hand full of bodged up nails.

A few months ago I was admiring my friends nails, she was wearing a colour very similar to Revlon Up The Ante and she told me that she'd had them done in a salon and they were something called SNS Nails - a unique powder formula that is supposedly non damaging and completely chip proof. I wont go in to the nitty gritty but there's more information about them here if you were interested to find out exactly how it works.

Sick of chipped nails and constantly taking polish on and off or having to make touch ups, I decided to treat myself a few months ago and try out these SNS nails. Having never had my nails done before I was quite excited to say the least. Basically there's a few steps but your nails are dipped in the powder several times and then set with a special top coat. The process takes about half an hour or so but once done the nails are good to go about your day to day tasks.

I have now had SNS nails done three times and I am absolutely loving the results,and can officially confirm that SNS Nails allow:

  • At least three weeks guaranteed chip proof wear - these do not budge, I clean dishes all throughout the day, do gym work 6 days a week including weights and using boxing gloves, go to work using sharps etc.
  • Opaque and shiny coverage- even after three weeks the colour shows no sign of diminishing, and they still shine as nicely as they did on day one.
  • Nails grow as normal - the only real tell-tale sign that these are due freshening up is the nail regrowth at the root and around the cuticle where it grows out.

 There's a tonne of colours to pick from, I had the light green first and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. After three weeks they were still going strong, not a chip or sing of chipping in sight. You could probably get longer wear time chip free if you can handle the regrowth for a few more days too. These have saved me so much time applying nail varnish, waiting for it dry and then the inevitable touch ups and I am just loving not having to worry about chipped nails.

I think SNS nails which stands for Signature Nail System is fairly new and I'm not sure how widespread they are in salons yet especially here in the UK, but they are well worth researching or trying out if your nearby nail salon does offer them!

QOTD: Have you tried SNS Nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)