Sunday 19 April 2015

Products I've Used Up | Empties #7


Time for another instalment of empty products! I have a lot to get through today! So I'm going to do today's empty products post a little differently than normal by splitting it up into a couple of categories and writing a short review on each product underneath and if I've already written a post about it I will link it up there.


Hair & Skincare.


VO5 Cherish My Colour Shampoo & Conditioner. I wrote a full hair care post a little while ago featuring these two products. I liked these together, thought that they maintained clean looking hair however I don't think that they did a lot in prolonging the life of the colour. I would buy these again though purely as they are affordable everyday hair products.

Vaseline Antiperspirant Active Fresh. I'm usually a Sure deodorant girl but the Vaseline ones were on offer and thought I'd give them a go. Fine for day to day use but wouldn't recommend them ahead of a sweaty gym session as my armpits weren't quite so fresh smelling compared to my usual Sure one.

Cotton pads. In every single empty post I do I think, as always I get these from Aldi as they are most reasonable and good quality.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Wipes. Ehh. In theory these wipes felt very delicate, they had a mild, clean not too overpowering fragrance but the occasional time I had a lazy evening and wanted to use a wipe to remove my makeup this made my face so irritated, patchy red and generally unhappy. I felt these tugged too much they weren't gentle at all. I ended up using these to take off stubborn lipstick. Not for me, and they weren't cheap either so wouldn't repurchase.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + 50ml. I got this when feeling a little spendy in Clinique on my holiday back in December. And this has turned out to be my holy grail moisturiser as it is the only one I've found I can wear without breaking my skin out. Full review here. The only thing I would say about the 50ml is that its not the best in terms of value for money compared to the 125ml.

Bath & Body.


Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel. Couple of winter bath and body products in this category. The Snow Fairy is a sickly sweet as candy body wash that you've just got to buy in the build up to Christmas. Full review here.

See By Chloe Fragrance 30ml. This time last year I had a real Chloe fad and while I still think they are nice fragrances I would far rather spend my money in Jo Malone as the scents are more unique and bespoke. See By Chloe is lovely for spring and summer though and I prefer this to the original Chloe I think, full review here. I wouldn't buy this again.

The Body Shop Glazed Apple Body Butter. Oh my. This had to be one of my favourite butters from TBS ever! This was released as limited edition part of their Christmas stock and I so hope it gets re released this year. Full review here. I would definitely get this again.

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter. I bought this when the new Argan Oil range came to TBS as I'd never really tried argan oil body products - just thought it was for hair. While it was nice and nourishing due to the rich oil as an ingredient, I think there are nicer options. The smell isn't all that nice and you want a body butter to smell pleasant right? Full review here.

Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. This is very effective at what it does at softening your cuticles and generally polishing your hands off nicely in the winter - if you can hack the lemon fragrance its quite strong. My one grumble is that because Lush uses fresh ingredients I found that it went off quite quickly.I had only used a little amount, forgot about it for a few months and by the time I went back to it it had gone off and had to chuck it out. Wouldn't buy again for this reason. I think a smaller pot and smaller price tag would be better.

Bath & Body Works Bubble Gum Sanitiser. I didn't mind the smell of this once upon a time, but my tastes changed and towards the end I found this so cheap and tacky smelling. I wouldn't buy such an overpowering hand cleaner again but go for a milder smelling one.

Makeup.


Soap & Glory Supercat liner pen. I'm including this in my empties as although it hasn't actually fully dried up as such - you could still use this if you were desperate its just that the pens got a bit old and therefore it doesn't create such a neat line. I'm  no pro at liner but this is the best one I've ever tried and have since replaced this with three more when Soap & Glory makeup was on 3 for 2!

Rimmel Brow This Way. This is a bit of a frustrating product as you can see its not completely empty there's quite a bit of product at the bottom but you can't get to it unfortunately. This isn't the best setting product either, my brows still get a bit unruly when using this. But for an affordable price tag it does the job okay. I would probably pick this up again but only the next time there is an offer on I think.

QOTD: What products have you used up recently?

1 comment:

  1. Wow you've used up so many products! I'm so bad at getting through things! I just finished LUSH's Cupcake Fresh Mask. Snow Fairy is my favourite shower gel! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)