Friday 22 May 2015

Disappointing Products #2


Another installment of disappointing products today on the blog! I'm going to be talking about a handful of products that didn't quite meet my expectations...



Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon - Champagne Diamonds. 
I really didn't want to be including the first product here in this post however I'd be lying if I said I was 100% satisfied with it. I only picked up Champagne Diamonds a few weeks ago but I've tried it out several times now and I'm currently on the fence about it big time. Its undeniable that the colour is amazing, really highlighting my blue eyes however I do not find the pencil good to work with at all. It sets far too quickly. Swept over the lid it is completely uneven and because of how quickly it sets it becomes a struggle to build it up decently. You can't blend this nicely for money or love. I also think that it gets blunt far too quickly and you are recommended to use this 'as sharp as possible' which for £19 means you are going to burn through this in a flash. I have also experienced chunks of glitter falling into my eye when using thIsand it leaves them feeling irritated all day. Love the concept but somehow wasn't what I expected.

Real Techniques Nic's Picks Brushes.
Last year when RT released the limited edition Nic's Picks brush set I raved about the collection, for the most part I still stand by what I said - review here. And I know this criticism is probably a bit picky but it bothers me every time I go to use them and so I think they deserve to be in a disappointing products post: the writing wears off the eye brushes. I know as a brand they are supposed to be affordable but I think it just makes the quality look a bit... cheap. Anyone else get annoyed by things like this? Sorry RT!

MAC Morange Lipstick.
In my recent Mac Lipstick Collection post I mentioned my mixed feelings about Morange. It used to be one of my most loved in my collection but recently whenever I apply Morange I just feel like its way too glossy and creamy in consistency. It gets a bit gloopy in the corners of your mouth and doesn't really have good staying power and is just generally a bit of a high maintenance lipstick that I can't be bothered to faff around with. Shame because I love the colour and pigmentation!


Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Body Lotion.
If you follow my blog you will know I'm a huge lover of Jo Malone and I don't usually have a bad word to say, however I wasn't blown away by the English Pear & Freesia body lotion I got last summer. Of course the fragrance is gorgeous but compared to the body cremes the lotions are only mediocre. I mean I don't dislike it by any means and I will continue to use it up but it wouldn't be something I rushed out to purchase again. Put the money towards one of the body cremes instead! Unlike the cremes the lotion is not rich or moisturizing and I don't think that it helps enhance the layering of the fragrance.

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer.
This was a huge let down for me. I really couldn't get on with this at all. Firstly the colour was awful - a swatch on the back of your hand compared to applied on your skin is very deceiving: if you're interested in getting this foundation definitely try it on first! I was told that the best way to apply it is with your fingers as supposedly it heats up or something but honestly with my fingers or a brush I couldn't get it to work. It looks super cakey and unflattering. Also the concept of the wand applicator just isn't really practical for a foundation and it will result in a tonne of wasted product at the bottom. Big thumbs down from me.


The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose Shower Gel.
My last disappointing product comes from TBS and I got it as a freebie when I signed up for another years Love Your Body membership so I guess I shouldn't grumble but I can't help but think it was a bit of a naff freebie.  The Atlas Mountain Rose shower gel does have a pleasant rosy scent that I like however this does not lather at all which I think it a bit rubbish in a shower gel. TBS' shower gels aren't the best for lathering a nice amount of silky bubbles which I think always means you end up using more product!

QOTD: Have you been let down by any products recently?

6 comments:

  1. I don't like Clinique foundations either. Thanks for sharing this post. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading posts like this as I know what to avoid next time I'm out shopping! I haven't tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury, but all the reviews I've read have been amazing, so it's nice to see a different one in the mix!

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always find them helpful posts too. x

      Delete
  3. I've had the exact same thing happen to some of my RT brushes & I know exactly what you mean - it's just a bit annoying & makes them seem cheap!
    Olivia xxx
    www.sunshineinadress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by it! x

      Delete
  4. I order morange in the wash and dry collection , i hope i Will Like it .

    Alexandra xx
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)