Sunday 21 June 2015

Current Crochet Project - Paired Popcorn Cushion Cover

There is a lot of alliteration going on in today's post title! A year into being taught how to crochet and I have yet anything to show for it in my possession- for a while I stuck to the safety of making baby blankets; a couple of friends were having them and it was a good excuse for me to crack out the pink and blue wool to have a practice of my new skills. So I decided my next project would be something for myself and I got the inspiration for this from Kate aka gh0stparties bedroom tour - her style is incredibly tasteful in my opinion and I got a lot of ideas from watching that!


I wanted to recreate something similar to a bobbly mint cushion for my own room. The next time I made a wool order I picked up some Stylecraft DK yarn in the colour called Sage which was the closest they had to the sort of shade I was after its like a light blue/green, its really pretty actually. Instead of continual 'bobbles' I settled for paired popcorns: a pattern with a couple of raised bobbles set apart from each other. The pattern comes from the 200 Crochet Stitches book you just have to make it up to the size that you want.


My mum helped me get started with the foundation row because I kept doing it wrong and its essential that the first row is right or the entire thing will be incorrect too.The pattern is made up of trebles, trebles together for the popcorns and a row of doubles in between. I'm about half way at the moment. Being something completely different to what I'm used to making I don't know if it will turn out exactly how I want but I'm enjoying the different project. I'll post a little update when its done!

QOTD: Have you handmade anything for your home?

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Well done you :) Stylecraft yarn is my favourite.
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hayley :)
    I love stylecraft yarn too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have a creative bone in my body either until last year! It took a lot of patience but I'm glad to have a bit of a creative streak to my name now :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)