Monday 29 June 2015

Taylor Swift 1989 World Tour in Hyde Park

Saturday was honestly the best ever. A day involving Taylor Swift perform in concert was always going to be incredible but add in a park and an amazing summers day and we had a recipe for perfection. For months now I had been crossing my fingers that the unpredictable British weather would be kind to us when June 27th came along and it must have worked because it was beautifully warm and sunny all day which made it all the more special. The day started in Soho at Bill's for brunch: I had poached eggs and salmon washed down with a tasty jug of Pimm's. It was delicious! With full stomachs and giddy heads from the Pimm's me and my friend made our way to Hyde Park.


The streets of London were bustling with people as the Pride also happened to be on as well. On our way through Oxford Street we made a quick detour into the new Lush store which was amazing - I'm excited to have a proper look round in there next time I take a trip to London to go shopping but Saturday was all about Tay! The park gates opened at around 3pm, we stocked up on some iced coffee which went down a treat on such a warm day. We got to Hyde Park fairly early but there were already crowds flocked everywhere. The atmosphere once you got inside the park was incredible, stalls of food and drink were spotted around the edges, tents with lots going on inside decorative palm trees and the stage was kitted up to look like a woods - it was all so much fun. Everyone was just enjoying themselves and having a wonderful time, there was so much positive energy floating around.


Ellie Goulding warmed the crowd up and then shortly after Taylor came on stage with Welcome To New York. For two plus hours we got to watch her amazing performance including all of her 1989 hits as well as the odd older ones thrown in here and there. It was almost like a bit of a surreal dream dancing in a park on a gorgeous summer evening, watching Taylor singing on stage - the perfect blue sky as a back drop with the occasional plane going over the city in the distance. A highlight for me was when she sung Love Story with a slight 1989 twist, it was so special as it was the song that started it all for me back in the six form days at school! I had the best time ever.

And I'm sure that for as long as I live I'll never forget the phenomenal finale: a crowd of 65 thousand people lit up by the glow of our colourful wrist bands and fireworks - shaking it off with Taylor Swift. A memory to treasure for the rest of my life, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)